• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    CBS, etc, although it looked a bit murky to the east while out walking earlier.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 100750Z AUTO 33006KT 9999 NCD 10/06 Q1018

The strong winds forecast haven't materialised so it's quite pleasant (not that I've actually been outside today)

Apparently there was a bit of a fracas at the local Aldi over the weekend. They (Aldi) announced that they had sold out of heated air dryers* online but would be selling them in-store from Sunday morning. This news was all over the local facebook groups and so there was massive queue pre-opening with those hovering by the trollies hoping to jump said queue being told in no uncertain terms that this wasn't an option. A number of people had clearly decided that there was some cash to be made flogging them on eBay but found that as soon as they put one in their trolley and went back for a 2nd someone helped themselves to the one in the trolley.

*They've been recommended by the likes of Martin Lewis as a cheap way of drying laundry rather than draping it over radiators and putting the heating on.

Comment

Morning.

Woke up to rain and grey skies.

Being in London rain is good.

Stopped raining an hour ago.

Only 2 short meetings so far today.

Listening to people 50 to 65 who have given up working on the wireless. Knowing that won't happen to me.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon all

This morning was dull, with signs of overnight rain. It all brightened up considerably and it's now a very nice sunny afternoon. Currently 14 degrees with a a high of 16 expected. Barometer is down to 1013 mBar.

This morning was spent at my penultimate covid trial check in. Essentially, stick a stick up my nose and give a load of blood. The chap I was being seen by gave up after making a couple of holes in my arm without any success and handed me over to someone who very swiftly found a generous vein. They have an excellent phlebotomist there who uses a smaller gauge needle but I guess she wasn't working today. Their app, which is supposed to prompt me to complete a survey every two weeks, hasn't been working properly so they were asking everyone to check the app every day for the next two weeks and report in if there is no survey to complete. I also found out that my age group will be next up for a 4th booster and I have to call in when I get invited so they can unblind me from the study and tell me what I was given. The last two events I need to take part in are a phone call in January and a final visit in April. Hopefully my contribution to the study will have been of use.

Lunch was a chicken salad baguette from Paul and a Paris Breton eclair.

Then I sorted out Mum's single person discount for council tax.

Probably should do some work now.

Comment

Lunch: a couple of home-baked Greggs sausage rolls

It's quite Simpsonesque out now

Comment

Reheated veggie lasagne for lunch. Forgot I'd put it in the oven, so it was a bit crispier on top than planned.

And now I've got 30 minutes to prepare for a meeting about REST APIs, whatever they may be.

Comment

Huge quantity of documents arrived from the solicitor, attached to an email. Some of them, when opened, were emails with their own attachments, and then one of those sub-emails turned out to itself be yet another email with even more attachments. More like a Russian doll than a form of electronic communication, but luckily I'm OK with recursive descent

Haven't had much time to look at them though, as I had an appointment at the dentist at 18:10. Turns out the reason they've been so useless about seeing me lately is that the business has changed hands and they're having a massive refurbishment done - the place is literally a building site inside at the moment, with one pristine surgery left upstairs

Anyway, going back in a few weeks for a root canal on the troublesome tooth, and in the meantime I persuaded them it really needs another course of antibiotics as it's fighting back after the last one

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Morning all

Apparently there was a bit of a fracas at the local Aldi over the weekend. They (Aldi) announced that they had sold out of heated air dryers* online but would be selling them in-store from Sunday morning. This news was all over the local facebook groups and so there was massive queue pre-opening with those hovering by the trollies hoping to jump said queue being told in no uncertain terms that this wasn't an option. A number of people had clearly decided that there was some cash to be made flogging them on eBay but found that as soon as they put one in their trolley and went back for a 2nd someone helped themselves to the one in the trolley.

*They've been recommended by the likes of Martin Lewis as a cheap way of drying laundry rather than draping it over radiators and putting the heating on.
                  Save yourself the hassle and get a heat pump tumble dryer, I purchased a Blomberg one for 600 notes at Marks Electrical. Annual Energy is 177kWh, which is good going, should pay for itself within a year.

I compared it with the outgoing TD with the leccy disc at the meter and the new one spins ALOT slower.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X