• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Damp.

Torrential overnight.

Chilly at 16.1 deg in here, 17 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 10.1 deg in the salting house.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 999 last night), 75% RH.

Sunday judging by the noises emitted by the wireles.

Whilst back in the preplague days of 29th January 2019 (assuming that the ChiComs hadn't already released said plague of course) NF was waiting for snow that never came and watching "Law abiding citizen", whereas I was watching "She wore a yellow ribbon" and suppressing the urge to kill (always a difficulty).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and chill.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, two three slices of toast with bramble jelly & marmalade, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "It's a fair cop": the custody sergeant one.

The Food Programme: how grass turned into wheat.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%.

More brambles massacred along with a mad decision to remove what was the courgette raised bed thingie so I can grass it, that being easier than massacre of brambles each & every year.

At least that's the theory, getting there may be hard work.

Especially since I've dug down far enough to find a layer of bricks, presumably put there by Strangelove Pater in some mad scheme or other.

It started raining so that was it for the day.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (handy having 6 portions instead of 5 ), some peach slices, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: modern slavery relating to Nigerian doctors (MD sort) who are required to work 24/7 for a week by some nefarious bunch of pimps. All completely legal of course. .

Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars: the car in this case being a 1946 Ford Pickup with a 4L flathead V8.

Colombo: doesn't look very inneresting, in particular it involves dentistry.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%: totally failed on one game: gave up.

The Repair Shoppe: homemade clockwork locomotive, scrap book, 1950s writing desk bureau thing.

1987 Pop vids on 5. :.

Forgot about the river search nutters.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 October 2022, 22:54.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy stuff. Dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

Having coffee and toasted crumpets before heading down to visit Mum. Final prep for Friday's funeral to be discussed with my brother. A 20 page form has been filled in for my Dad's Royal Mail pension that my Mum needs to sign. It only paid £19 a month, it doesn't seem at all worth the effort, but processes have to be followed.

Comment

One of my late Dad's pensions was £200 / year. And he had to jump through hoops to get the tax back on it.

Meanwhile on 29th January 2019 NF was still waiting for snow that never arrived. .
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and, in parts, a little Simpsonesque out. Not too warm at 15°C, though it may soar to 16° shortly, and the barometers have perked up a little at 1003/1011mB

Comment

The chestnut tree is well on its way to fully orange now

Comment

Late lunch: a Greggs sausage roll

Comment

Cloudy day down in Sussex. Started raining as I left, light showers on and off during the drive home. Now home and it's raining more enthusiastically.

Scottish Widows processes for dealing with their pensions was very straightforward and they promptly confirmed what my Mum will receive each month.

Comment

Tea has been a lovely big fry-up

Accompanied, in the traditional way of a Sunday fry-up, by Time Team, in which they went digging around Hadrian's Wall

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Cloudy day down in Sussex. Started raining as I left, light showers on and off during the drive home. Now home and it's raining more enthusiastically.

Scottish Widows processes for dealing with their pensions was very straightforward and they promptly confirmed what my Mum will receive each month.
                      Raining here too, off and on initially but now acting like it's settled in for the night

Comment

Working...
                      X