• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Cold out again, having just managed to get to 1°C before falling back again, and already at -1°. The barometers are lingering around the 1000/1008mB level

Having a day off from heavy lifting today

Comment

Made it to Mum's and back. The drive down was very pretty with a bit of fog still lingering and frost on the trees.

It started raining just as I arrived and switched between rain and snow until I left when it started to snow with more enthusiasm. This stopped once I reached the no man's land between the south and north downs. The rest of the journey home was swift and uneventful.

While at Mum's I organised her little Christmas tree and made arrangements for the festive season.

Comment

Delicious and warming Scotch broth for tea

Very cold out, but we haven't had any snow

Comment

After the usual Sunday fare of New Zealand traffic cops, I watched a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop

And then a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            Blue skies, very cold, most runs and lifts open.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Snow overnight. Overcast but no more forecast today. Currently 0 degrees with a high of 2 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1010 mBar.

HWMBO's eldest has had a flight cancelled so will have to stay with me this evening and get home for the holidays a day later than planned. HWMBO's flight home is currently still departing this evening.

Comment

Son was gonna drop round this morning. Not sure he will given the state of the small roads round here. My planned walkies this afternoon ruined, damn it!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 3 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.613 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 58% (Lidl electric).

Telex machine shining oh so very brightly Roy.

Whilst on the 19th of March 2019 I attempted to watch "Knocked Up" but discarded this in preference for "No Highway (in the sky)" with that Jimmy Stewart chap (which proved to be a low quality ripoff dvd but watchable), whereas NF was fixing bugs in some piece of software that I'd never heard of, let alone used.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried & put away. Chilly out there.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Remarkably chilly out there, especially the trip over the river via the pedestrian bridge.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toasted crust, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of toast, the remaining round being consumed with some dip stuff that was reduced in Morrisons, a slice of Morrisons Farmhouse fruit cake, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The temperature had fallen to 11.3 deg in here when I returned, the heater being off, like.

Entertainment: TWAO. <click> at 13:45 when "Please protect Abraham" came on a.k.a. Hill Street Blues in Hackney.

"Double glazed" (with that film stuff) one of the leanto windows.

Much to my joy the condensation on the roof prevented the sticky tape from sticking which pissed me off a tad.

More potching with obsolete pcs: this one won't/doesn't see the 40Gb hard disk either.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.69 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM: bags of money.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S15 E22: 1972 Fiat 124 Spider. shot propshaft centre bearing, leaking differential. Bought: $4k8, Total: $5996, Sold: $10k. I wonder how many times I've watched this one?*

Oddly enough I have a magnetic dial probe holder & a dial gauge. Neither have ever been used. They were bought 40 years ago in some fit of insanity or other.

*Three times: most recently on Saturday 5th November which is why I'm almost word perfect on it.

Ghosts US S1 E16

The Oak Island nutjobbery: S9 E14 Premier of the Dig: putting 10 feet diameter cans down in the vain hope of finding something other than wood. .

Nice rant: https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/c..._tulip_se10ep4/

More wood. A musket ball that had been fired. The Premier of Nova Scotia visited. The big feckoff 10 foot cans. The big feckoff 58 tonne oscillator that drives the cans. The excitement is palpable.

Down D2 they will go. And a bigger grab to grab stuff out of the can as it sinks.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2022, 21:39.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It's snowing!

Well, it's just stopped in the last twenty minutes or so, but there's about an inch of it and it's settled. Currently -1°C, maybe getting to 1° for a bit around lunchtime. And the barometers aren't much different at 1001/1009mB

It's nice to have a final opportunity to see the chestnut tree looking wintry I suppose, and it'll also be nice to see what the environs of the new place look like, assuming it doesn't melt by lunchtime, which seems unlikely to happen. I've got the OpenReach guy coming some time this afternoon so I have to be there for that, though I wouldn't imagine he'll have much to do as everything seems already to be working.

But I'll have to put the shifting of heavy stuff on hold for now - I could do without slipping in the back yard, and at that end, I'm not sure how well the sack truck handles in snow. Ah well, there's plenty to get over there that can be done without too much risk

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X