• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it'll get cloudier later. Currently 9°C and maybe reaching 17° later; barometers are down a little at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and dry out. Some fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 17 forecast. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

Last night HWMBO and I went to see The Woman King at the cinema. Very good.

I am off to visit my Mum whose current obsession is with her heating / hot water. She keeps turning the boiler off whenever she can't make the system do what she wants and then wondering why the heating doesn't come on. I am taking a packet of post it notes with me to attach reminders to things.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        In Llundadno (not visiting Brillo).

got to love a coats where 2 drinks and. Toastie is £5.85

good job to as Mrs eek just spent £200 on fabric
        And we eventually got to the holiday cottage in Beddglert after discovering the usual route is blocked due to a landslide.

lovely 1 hour diversion that would have been a mere 20 minutes if I had checked before leaving Llandudno
        Last edited by eek; 9 October 2022, 11:44.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The mundane laundry has been done and draped

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Busy afternoon on the telly again: New Zealand wildlife rescue, orangutan school, some monkeys, and now big cats. So I've had a sausage and bacon bap (red sauce) to sustain me through the excitement
            Nothing of such interest on the telly today, but I've had a sausage and bacon bap (red sauce) again, just in case

Comment

We went for lunch at the East Beach Cafe and now going to tackle an unruly buddleia

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse with a thick end of seedy bloomer. Very nice

Accompanied by a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E - but despite being new, it features cases from Summer 2019, so they must be a bit short of new footage

Comment

Post-prandial viewing was the latest episode of Ambulance, making for something of an NHS-themed evening

Early night now as Monday of what is, in theory, my final week beckons. But as I think I mentioned, there's a rumour that they might have found a few bob down the back of the sofa to keep me on for a little longer. I wonder when I'll find out? Friday afternoon is my bet

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Heavy rain overnight, judging by the puddles, but it now threatens to be a sunny start and then a sunny day. Chilly though at 8°C, with a high of 14° expected in the afternoon. The barometers are down a little more at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 15.8 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto, 10 deg in the saltinghouse.

1014.7 mBar, 29.964 in Hg, 761.08 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 75% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing appropriately.

Meanwhile the halcyon days of 21st January 2019 NF was putting the links up and fettling the board whilst I was watching "A Bridge too far".

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Knackered now. .

Walk (extended) walked, including the now totally viewless point. At one time you could see Mumbles from there.

Started next door's petrol lawnmower first pull. Dunno wtf was wrong with it yesterday, probly flooded at a guess.

Spent some time communing in the garage with my petrol generators. .

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E10 1970 Ford Bronco: bought for $8k, body rotten, new shell for $4k, total spend: $25k, sold* for "$40k".

*As to the reality or otherwise of any of the sales, who the feck nose? .

The Fred Dibnah Story on Yesterday.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday. Aeroject AJ-260 solid fuel rocket: proposed as the alternative to the Saturn V first stage booster.

http://www.astronautix.com/a/aj-260.html

Tsunami and earthquake.

https://www.pacificpressagency.com/g...by-tsunami-in-

Another good reason not to build houses on a swamp in an earthquake zone: ground liquifaction.

Ibiza: redundant club. Bulgaria: redundant something or other. I was looking at ebay.

Oak Island nutjobbery. S9 E6 "The root cause". The island's got roots so unlike the island in "Lost" it can't move around. I think they found The Hatch last week & entered 4 8 15 16 23 42 so all is right with the world.

Gary's found A Piece of Metal. The excitement is palpable. Not. They find more wood. Hang on, it's raining. What a thing. . The lady archaeologists got sacked. The chap stays on.

The Repair Shoppe. I wonder if there'll be an idiot opening up a radioactive compass this week. Probly be someone filing blue asbestos in a competition of stupidity.

Nah. Watched it before.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 October 2022, 21:45.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X