• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Solicitors do get het up over the strangest of things.

When my grandparents moved down to be closer to my Mum & Dad, their solicitor was adamant that they needed to see the head lease for the block of flats but the freeholder was (and still is) an arse and essentially refused to engage. It was severely stalling the purchase and, as my granddad had had a stroke and wasn't well, it really was causing a lot of hassle. In the end my Dad told them to let it go and get on with completing the sale.

The head lease did ultimately surface when my Nan extended the lease (with the freeholders stalling that process as much as possible too) and it had nothing in it that was worthy of concern, thank goodness.

The attitude of the freeholder company was a definite factor in me deciding against buying the flat as a BTL investment when my nan died.
    The management company, who are dealing with all that stuff on behalf of the freeholder, have been very responsive and helpful as far as I can tell. That's been quite a relief, because I've heard similar stories to yours about freeholders causing things to drag on for ages by either failing to respond in a timely manner, or just being dicks and arguing over irrelevancies

I'm still a little dismayed that I won't be able to keep pigs because of some pettifogging freeholder in the 1850s. I suppose I'll just have to keep coal in the bath instead

I've been tempted to tell the solicitor that it really isn't worth worrying any more about the damn windows. They've been there since 2002 and nobody's been sued, for the simple reason that it was the (then) freeholder that had them put in to start with

Comment

The sun came out and glorious sunshine was streaming through the office window. I thought, now is a good time to pop out to the post box.

Then it started persisting it down and it's now black as satan's armpit out there.

Comment

The sun came out and glorious sunshine was streaming through the office window. I thought, now is a good time to pop out to the post box.

Then it started persisting it down and it's now black as satan's armpit out there.
        That reminds me, I'm supposed to be taking that box to the post office. Oh well, maybe tomorrow

Comment

It's blue sky and sunny again.

I think now's my chance!

UPDATE: I made it without getting rained on despite the autobots being released from school at same time
          Last edited by ladymuck; 8 November 2022, 15:33.

Comment

It's blue sky and sunny again.

I think now's my chance!

UPDATE: I made it without getting rained on despite the autobots being released from school at same time

Comment

As a surprise, HWMBO is on his way down to stay for the week. Good job I topped up the gin stash.

Comment

Chicken madras with rice and naan for tea

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's car was a Lancia Fulvia. Inspector Morse drove a Lancia in the original novels, but since the TV adaptations forever associated him with the Jag, this has been changed in subsequent reprintings

And then the usual shenanigans from the gold diggers. This season (or series) had them following two separate pairs of guys who kept failing to find any gold at all, which gets a bit tedious when they're in the same programme

And another old episode of 24 Hours in A&E whilst dining

Finally, First Contact: An Alien Encounter on that there iPlayer, a drama-documentary about the discovery of an alien artefact traversing the solar system. Quite interesting, with an adequate quantity of actual science from actual scientists, including the guy who scribbled "WOW!" on that printout in the 1970s

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X