• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from yesterday... The IT quality person has not found the document that explains what she does and how she reaches her decisions.

Unbeknownst to her, I have found it and am ready to tear her decision apart as soon as she finds it.
    She will declare the project GAMP5, and medium risk.
    I will argue that at most it's GAMP3, except it's nothing to do with GAMP ratings as it's not a project related to manufacturing.
    And risk is zero, except on her scale you can only have low (but not zero) risk, medium or high.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and gloomy-looking start out, though not as chilly as it might be for November at 12°C. It may reach 14° later but is expected to remain overcast, while the barometers are bouncing back at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but reasonably bright and it's dry. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 expected. The sun is not expected to make an appearance today. Barometer notably up to 1018 mBar.

Trying to plan out what the next sprint will look like. It needs to focus on bug fixing, deployment processes and testing.

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to; I didn't need much, but went anyway. I don't recall seeing any other masks at all

And home to more from the solicitor, this time trying to work out where I got the money for the deposit

So various statements and lists of transactions (which apparently aren't the same thing) have been downloaded and sent back to her, which I hope will be sufficient to show the devious route the money took from the business account (she already has the Declaration of Dividend memorandum) to my current account and onwards to my savings account

Comment

Lunch has been herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a sliver of wholemeal crust

This was mainly because I haven't got enough room in the freezer for all of the soup I made the other day, again

The plan to run down stocks in case of moving could be dropped once I knew the place I'm going for comes with fitted appliances, so the freezer is full to bursting again

Comment

And I'm in a meeting....

I'm working for a company who likes meetings..............
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Fun day today. My webcam decided to bork itself, the presence of Microsoft's Patch Tuesday updates may or may not be related.

So I couldn't host all the meetings I was supposed to and had to ask one of the delivery managers to help out.

Still can't fathom what happened but I'm now on my back up webcam which is behaving itself at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  And I'm in a meeting....

I'm working for a company who likes meetings..............
                  I briefly worked for English Heritage. There was an organisation that liked meetings, and meetings about meetings too

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Update from yesterday... The IT quality person has not found the document that explains what she does and how she reaches her decisions.

Unbeknownst to her, I have found it and am ready to tear her decision apart as soon as she finds it.
                    She will declare the project GAMP5, and medium risk.
                    I will argue that at most it's GAMP3, except it's nothing to do with GAMP ratings as it's not a project related to manufacturing.
                    And risk is zero, except on her scale you can only have low (but not zero) risk, medium or high.
                    Further update...
                    Her boss agrees with her, but neither of them are prepared to explain why. I pointed out that the document they were using referred to particular US laws, which if you read the laws, they clearly do not apply.
                    She still says no.
                    So, I've now detailed out why I say she's wrong and asked her to quote laws or company regulations that justify her position.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I finally got around to taking His Majesty's laptop, phone, etc. up to the Post Office, so that's on its way back to London

And then I went for a haircut, my hair having reached the stage where even I thought it could do with a tidy up. TBH it seems a bit of a shame to have a haircut when there's nothing coming up that would justify it, but maybe it'll last until Christmas

And while I was out an email came from the solicitor to tell me the other side have agreed to the proposed date, so it looks like we'll be completing on 28th November!

Comment

Working...
                      X