• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Mundane laundry on
    Done and draped

Comment

Tea has been spag bol. Very, very nice

Comment

I really ought to write some Christmas cards out as last posting date is a bit sooner this year; I think I've probably missed it.

I really can't be bothered with all the present buying malarkey this year and so haven't bothered.

Comment

The car tonight was the Toyota Celica again. And some of the gold diggers have taken to building a big pond and filling it with cyanide to extract gold from the mix of less desirable elements that have been contaminating their ingots

Then a police programme following the Gloucestershire force on nights, which largely means dealing with drunk people on the Promenade in Cheltenham. There's a very nice Italian restaurant I used to go to just around the corner from where they had to sling a young woman in the back of a van for disorderly conduct :

And then a couple more old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E.

It's down to -4°C here, and likely to reach -5° in a bit. Inside, the living room still hasn't quite reached 20° despite having the fire on full since I came back from the new place this afternoon

Goodnight all

Comment

I really can't be bothered with all the present buying malarkey this year and so haven't bothered
            Given up with sons as none of us can ever think of anything we need and bit pointless exchanging gift cards of equal value. Suppose I'll have to think of summit for loony lady 1 though. Something daft.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The car tonight was the Toyota Celica again.
              You'd think with 16 series of this stuff that they could show some of the earlier ones now & again. Before we're all word & nut & bolt perfect. .

Then a police programme following the Gloucestershire force on nights, which largely means dealing with drunk people on the Promenade in Cheltenham.
              Despite spending a year in Cheltenham, the closest I got to the centre was Maplins.

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Bit less gloomy.

Wanly sunny.

Cold in here at 9,8 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 3 deg in the leanto, 1.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1005 mBar, 29.677633 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.5763 psi, (down from 1006 last night though it had obviously reached 1004 at some time thereafter), 65% RH (GDR, hair), 53% RH (Lidl, electric).

I'm getting reluctant to switch stuff on with so much of it going tits up recently. The piles of dead technology are growing ever more vast.

Meanwhile on the 20th of March 2019 NF was contemplating whether he could now understand some of the more erudite articles in the 1980s issues of Byte & dr Dobbs that had left him as baffled as I was with similar articles in Wireless World of the 60s & 70s.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and perishing cold. Despite wearing two pairs of gloves my fingers were numb for the first 45 minutes or so.

Lunch: scrambled egg (1 large) and poached tomato (also large) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, more of that dip stuff on a slice of bread, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it bored me. TWAO shortly.

Found the install CDs for the printers, and both will allegedly work with XP which resides on the box I brought up from the garage yesterday.

The excitement is palpable. . So much so that I think I'll do sommat else until I calm down a bit. .

House roughly vacced.

So, after changing the psu and removing a dead memory stick, XP has now decided it requires activation. Which doesn't appear to exist any more. .

Back down the shed it goes, or I may try installing Win2k on it.

<hiatus with much swearing>

New psu actually installed rather than balancing on the edge of the case, HD slotted into the carrier thingie but not bolted in.

Quite why the dvd rom/cd rewriter thingie doesn't have an eject button is mystifiying, paperclip pressed into service.

Win2k installed. It didn't find a suitable video driver so it's 800x600 or somesuch but it does make Freecell VERY BIG. BIG enough for me to see clearly which is a plus.

Old psu opened: usual bulging caps present. Chinese crap needless to say. .

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S15 E24 2002 Merc E55 AMG. I can't face this one again. Oh, it's not that one. Ok. Bought: $4k, Total: $6k9, Sold: $7k5. New brake discs, B service, replacement aircon controller, oil filter, air filters, cabin filters, O2 sensors, repaired driver's seat bolster, refinishing headlamps polycarb lenses, MB using sandpaper & water, then polishing pad & polishing compound.

Ghosts US S1 E18: EOS1. The Viking's Curse.

Skin A&E: the one with the ?skin cancer?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 December 2022, 21:54.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, cold start out: currently -3°C, maybe getting up to 1° by lunchtime. The barometers are down a tad at 999/1007mB

My knee seemed OK but has started giving the occasional sub-twinge reminder that it's a bit out of sorts, so the knee brace will be back in play today, just in case

I'm planning to get a bunch of kitchenalia shifted today, as the three big boxes of books are still full over there. I'll get (at least one of) the kitchen chairs over so I have something to stand on to finish attaching the bookcases, and then I can start getting them populated. There's still one to assemble in the study, but that won't take long. And once the big boxes are emptied, I can bring them back and fit a lot of kitchen stuff in them without ending up with anything too heavy for the knee

I also need to take lots of packaging to the tip, and while I'm there I'll pop into the storage place and give my seven days notice.

So quite a busy day all in all; I may have to find time to nip round to the little bakery at that end for a bacon cob before getting stuck in

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  You'd think with 16 series of this stuff that they could show some of the earlier ones now & again. Before we're all word & nut & bolt perfect. .
                  Indeed. Same for the gold diggers

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Despite spending a year in Cheltenham, the closest I got to the centre was Maplins.
                  There's quite a few good pubs, except during the horse racing festival when they all turn into rabble-filled hellholes (and put the prices up by 10p a pint)

Comment

Morning all

Clear sky, sunny. Currently -2 with a high of 0 expected. A light frost was observed this morning and it's still evident in parts the sun has yet to reach. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

An eventful day beckons.

Comment

Indeed. Same for the gold diggers

There's quite a few good pubs, except during the horse racing festival when they all turn into rabble-filled hellholes (and put the prices up by 10p a pint)
                      probably a lot more than 10p nowadays - more likely it will be a quid
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X