• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Pukka steak & kidney pie with chips, peas and gravy

Comment

Evening all

TNCB 151955Z 11012KT 070V160 9999 FEW026 32/23 Q1010

Today’s dive sites were;

1000 Steps, so named because you have to walk down 79 steps to get to the little beach.

Andrea I. Nice quiet site next to some rich old Dutch people’s retirement pads.

Oil Slick Leap - a repeat but in the other direction due to currents.

Tomorrow is our last day diving and so will be favourites revisited day. The list (top 3) will be discussed over dinner and rum.

Comment

The DogTW enjoyed her 13th birthday today, including a swim in the sea and some pork scratchings at one of my her favourite pubs washed down with a pint of Copper.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Caterham 7; currently SORN but recently got its MOT (valid until 6 September 2023) so maybe just being used as a track car?

Then the usual opal hunting malarkey, with some of them finding some very nice big bits

And yet another old Police Interceptors to go with the pie

Finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Garuda Indonesia Flight 421 which lost all power due to an exceptionally heavy hailstorm and a faulty battery, but managed to land in reasonably good order (though with one fatality) on a river, many years before Sully pulled the same stunt.

Long weekend ahead after tomorrow. And looking at King Charles these days, it may not be too long before we get another

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another supposed-to-be-cloudy sunny start today, but the temperature continues to become autumnal at 10°C, with no more than 15° expected later. The barometers continue to bounce back at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc

TFIF, etc.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but with patches of blue visible. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Sunshine due to feature more than previous days. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Tired this morning. Much coffee needed.

Comment

Morning.

Dry. With spots of precipitation as I carried the washing out to the salting house.

Sunnyish in a mists & mellow fruitfulness kind of way.

Cooler still at 19 deg in here. Winter drawers on.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 74% RH.

Friday.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile back in 30th December 2018, NF was washing towels, I was watching "1945" on PBS, and MS had gone to bed, with no updates on the ness of the various posters.

In other other news I've developed a pimple on my arse and it's remarkably painful.

Shirts out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and on the 2nd line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine but cold breeze which kept the sweat down a bit.

Cottons out of the WM and out on the line.

Shirts in off the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons toasted sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing upstairs.

Entertainment: thing about Singer and Singer Sewing Machines (one of which was purchased by Strangelove Mater/Grandmater during the 1940s which was sold for peanuts during the house clearance).

TWAO.

Such cottons as required iRoning duly iRoned and airing over the banisters. Some could have done with a little more drying but it's done now.

Freecell score in the blazing sunshine: 93%, running average 85% (84.905%).

3 of the idle fecker's lawns mown, along with the bottom third of mine, in the reasonably warm sunshine without dying of heatstroke as has been the case until recently.

Must admit it would be nice if the idle fecker actually paid something for it being done.

Tea: M&S lightly breaded plaice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E14 Ford Orris 2000 (replica) rally car. I rather fancied that car before they turned it into a rally car. Taxed until April 1st next year, looks to be MOT free.

The Sweeney S3 E8 "The sweet smell of succession".

One notes with some innerest that TalkingPics TV is showing The Outer Limits "Demon with a Glass Hand" writen by Harlan Ellison and alleged to be the inspiration for The Terminator.

It was rather good in a 1964 B&W 4:3 sort of way. Set in the Bradbury Building. Roy would have liked it.

The Sweeney S3 E9 "Down to you, brother".
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 September 2022, 08:06.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      IIRC HM EIIR was never Ind Imp. something that departed in 1947 1948.
                      I know, but it's all much of a muchness

Comment

Working...
                      X