• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so, as the nettle stings become just pins and needles up my arms, it’s TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pleasant evening at the pub, which hasn't changed much if at all in the two-and-a-half years since I was last there. Mind you, it was closed for a chunk of that time, and for longer than in most places because of our Local Lockdown

And having returned home successfully, I rewatched The Sixth Sense (1999). It's a very good film even when you know

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning.

Awakened from a dream at 05:25: it's still dark at that time now. Happily sleep returned.

Dry.

Sunny.

Slightly misty.

Cooler still in here at 17.2 deg, 14 deg in the leanto.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.1 Torr, 14.794 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile the rather confusing timestamps on the posts have finally reached 1st January 2019, where NF was watching the last of the Die Hard films and I was watching F&F8 again, being unaware I'd watched it previously until I found the other dvd.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Quite chilly out there.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Mark Steel's in Town on Salisbury.

Curiously the Food Programme is apparently featuring someone who used to be a pirate off Somalia.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85% (and that took some doing).

Some minor potching in terms of creating a stores list for the remarkable quantity of ancient & not so ancient semiconductors, some of which have "house numbers" which means they are totally unidentifiable. I could decap some of the Siliconix ones & figure out what they are from the die inside, the Motorola & Radiospares are a bit more problematic.

Just discovered that a 40160 isn't a 4016. Well there's a thing. It's a 4 bit cmos synchronous counter version of the 74160. I wonder WTF I wanted those for.

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy (the onions being purple and could have done with a bit more cooking but were okish), the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The bacon seemed have a remarkable amount of water therein, and by the time I'd crisped it up was very salty (then again since I'm salt free this might just be due to not being used to salt anymore).

Entertainment: POTW on R4. Guess wot that's about. .

The Vietnam War Part 10: The weight of memory (March 1973 onward).

The Repair Shoppe: Ostrich Egg cigarette ?humidor?, boxing gloves,

I've been quite thirsty this evening. I wonder what caused it.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2022, 22:22.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Another sunny morning. Blue sky with wispy cloud. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Low risk of rain. Barometer down a touch to 1019 mBar.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Roughly 50/50 on cloud and blue sky out there (specifically, the bit of "there" I can see from my chair). Mild enough at 16°C, which is as good as we'll get, and the barometers are very slightly down at 1013/1020mB

Breakfast has been coffee with a couple of croissants

And after that, I encountered a link on Twitter to the NY Times, which has today published a recipe which it asserts is for a Full English Breakfast. This includes "3 thyme sprigs" in the list of ingredients, and everything - including the eggs - is cooked in the oven

So in a bit, I might make myself a fry-up (clue's in the name, NY Times) just on principle

Comment

Tea: lovely big fry-up, accompanied by an episode of Time Team just like in the 1990s

Comment

Went out to visit a friend with whom I was supposed to be doing the walk for Alzheimer's last weekend. She can't do the revised date of 2 October so we went for a walk around her area instead. I'll still do the official walk on 2 October though.

Watched an episode of Fake or Fortune (the one about a Sisley).

Undecided what to have for dinner.

Comment

I didn't bother watching any more telly, instead working through some bits of a SwiftUI book

Bank Holiday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X