• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsbury's has been gone to, so that's that out of the way

Barely any masks in evidence

Seemed pretty busy out there this evening. Not sure why; there's nothing going on that I'm aware of

Comment

Waitrose have delivered. Ocado come tomorrow with things that Waitrose either didn't have or were charging more for.

Early evening ents has been the latest episode of The Repair Shop.

Comment

Oh, and it rained on the way to Sainsbury's, then rained more on the way back. It's stopped for now, but is expected to resume later

Comment

Tea: pork chops (Remoska-cooked, naturally) with chips and beans

More rain

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth in the rain, ready for the morrow

Last week, they came later than they have been doing. It always confuses matters when they change their time, but I suppose they need a bit of variety

Comment

The car earlier was a Honda S2000, which turned out well enough that the guy who sold it to them bought it back. One way of dodging the labour costs any normal garage would have charged for all that work

MOT expires on the 23rd of next month, and the tax runs until the end of next March

And then various opal hunters were coming to the point where the weather is so hot they have to stop. None of them had done as well as they'd hoped

Then during dinner, Storyville - On the Morning You Wake (to the End of the World) about the awkward moment in 2018 when the entire population of Hawaii was sent a text message warning them that a ballistic missile was going to arrive in the next few minutes, complete with the words "This is not a drill". TBH I didn't find this very interesting - it didn't really address any aspects of how such a monumental balls-up came about, instead just giving a platform to a bunch of people who moaned about how it ruined their Sunday morning. Mind you, I can see why the woman who was a schoolgirl in Hiroshima on August 6 1945 felt such negative vibes about the whole thing

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

TFTWGO got going again this evening and burned more of the overgrown undergrowth that The WifeTM was digging today. I helped later on by digging up bamboo (tip to anyone - NEVER plant bamboo in the ground, keep it in pots with saucers that are placed on decking/paving, not near soil)

Anyway, back is sore and it’s TFBSZ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I helped later on by digging up bamboo (tip to anyone - NEVER plant bamboo in the ground, keep it in pots with saucers that are placed on decking/paving, not near soil)
                  You are so right: the old lady next door planted some kind of bamboo and it's spreading into my garden & into the chap next door but one's garden.

Agent Orange has been deployed, we shall see how effective it is.

A lunatic woman further down the road has planted bamboo against the front garden wall.

She'll be sorry.

However the cotoneaster in my front garden was also incredibly difficult to remove: the roots had spread under the crazy paving.

Meanwhile, back in 5th January 2019, sausage rolls were consumed by assorted people.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2022, 22:39.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It's a cloudy-but-clearing-from-the-west start out there so will probably become sunny soon, though it still looks a bit damp from last night's rain. Currently 13°C with 18° forecast, and the barometers are a bit further down at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Oh, and Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Comment

Working...
                      X