• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Still grey and damp-looking out there, but at least it’s not windy, nor particularly cold
    same here

meh

Comment

lunch has been duck pancake rolls with sweet chilli sauce.

and earl grey tea.

Comment

Lunch was a jacket potato with cheese and beans from the canteen.

It was nice enough.

Comment

Zingy chicken and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch; just right for a grey, damp day

This week’s lunches have been mostly about soup, as that’s freed up space in the freezer for some casseroles I plan on making over the next week or so

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig

After the two cups of black coffee in the Bank Statement and a stroll through the charity emporia in Swansea leading to the acquisition of another 6 or 8" of preloved dvds, lunch was a Ginsters vegetarian Quorn(tm) pasty*, a couple of jam (bramble jelly) sandwiches, and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough when you haven't eaten since breakfast.

The walk will remain unwalked today.

*Nowhere near as nice as that vegan Moroccan thing they do which is particularly toothsome.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Home again home again jiggety jig

After the two cups of black coffee in the Bank Statement and a stroll through the charity emporia in Swansea leading to the acquisition of another 6 or 8" of preloved dvds, lunch was a Ginsters vegetarian Quorn(tm) pasty*, a couple of jam (bramble jelly) sandwiches, and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough when you haven't eaten since breakfast.

The walk will remain unwalked today.

*Nowhere near as nice as that vegan Moroccan thing they do which is particularly toothsome.
              The Greggs vegan "steak" bake is pretty good too. I'm not a fan of Ginsters, the pastry tends towards leathery most of the time.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Dull day at ClientCo.

Home now and eating some M&S toffee. It's the semi hard stuff that feels like it's taking your fillings out. I haven't made toffee in ages. It's quite simple but requires concentration.

Comment

Went walking today and checked track details on my Garmin Oregon. At one point it says I managed a Leg Speed of 63km/h. I should sign up for the Olympics.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I need to break the cycle of addiction that has lead me to eating 5 mini-Magnums a day.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      'Snot a problem.

The Chinese have just found a solution.

YouTube
                      That appears to be getting truer by the minute.

Run for the hills!

Load the shotguns!

Turn on the minefield in the drive!

Tea was lentil <pffffft> soup: batch: 4th August 2019.
                      Sweet: orange segments & particularly thin & runny custard.
                      Tea: good Glengettie in 1.05 pint quantity.

All very acc eptable.

The lentil soup had a fair amount of either hot smoked paprika or chili powder in it.

I suppose the evening's entertainment will involve the remainder of I. Jones & the Temple of Doom even though I'm finding it less than inspiring.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X