• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just discovered that the washing machine hasn’t finished yet for the very good reason that I hadn’t remembered to start it yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just discovered that the washing machine hasn’t finished yet for the very good reason that I hadn’t remembered to start it yet
      Goddamn first world technology problems.

Never had these problems with the copper, the rubbing board and the washing dolly*.

*This being the thing that you agitated the clothes in the copper with, apparently, rather than some fetching maidservant. Glad to clear that up.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched a Panorama programme about some dodgy church scamming its followers. The ministers and their lackies either fraudulently sign up for loans etc in the follower's name or brain washes them (mostly vulnerable young adults) into claiming benefits or taking out loans etc and then leaves them to face the consequences.

Now contemplating what to have for dinner as it helps me avoid doing my Open Uni assignment.

Comment

There was some ham in the fridge that Needed To Be Eaten™ so tea has been ham, eggs, chips, and beans. Lovely stuff

And the washing machine finished doing its thing at the same time that I finished eating, so the laundry has now been draped upon the clothes horse

Must remember to trundle forth the recycling bin later.

Comment

dinner was had out, for a change.
            braised pork cheek, mash, and a gravy called jus <>

very nice, despite the pretensiousness

with a nice merlot.

a very pleasant late afternoon, all in all.

death in paradise is the viewing pleasure now.

video easy listening.

Comment

I successfully managed to avoid any work on my Open Uni assignment by watching several episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Season 4.

Saved the last few episodes for tomorrow as they're the season finale.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There was some ham in the fridge that Needed To Be Eaten[emoji769] so tea has been ham, eggs, chips, and beans. Lovely stuff

And the washing machine finished doing its thing at the same time that I finished eating, so the laundry has now been draped upon the clothes horse

Must remember to trundle forth the recycling bin later.
                Ah yes, bin day tomorrow. I don't have enough to warrant putting out so will wait for Tuesday's collection.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I successfully managed to avoid any work on my Open Uni assignment by watching several episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Season 4.

Saved the last few episodes for tomorrow as they're the season finale.
                  Well played!

The recycling bin has been trundled. It’s still quite damp out there; I reckon it’ll be foggy again tonight

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I suppose the evening's entertainment will involve the remainder of I. Jones & the Temple of Doom even though I'm finding it less than inspiring.
                    And thusly did it prove so to be, though FF was employed quite a lot.

Not one of my favourite films by any means, though bits of it are ok if you like that sort of thing.

Next up was 40 mins of "I. J. and the Last Crusade" which is rather more fun and returns to the sort of thing the first one did.

However after 40 mins I got bored so started watching a thing on BBC Alba about Concorde, which was narrated in Gaelic (I assume) with subtitles in Saesneg for the rest of us.

The last thing I watched on Alba was "Crowdy & Cream" being the story of a boyhood in the Hebrides in the 1930s written by Finlay J. McDonald (first broadcast on R4 back when god was a boy in the 1980s IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      And, after investigation in the driving rain, 21mm it proved to be, so one of those extending things with a 21mm socket will do the business.
                      Said extending thing with 17mm and 19mm socket is available in Wilko for £5.

The 21mm socket is, I assume, available from your friendly local Halfords or tool shop.

Halfords

Comment

Working...
                      X