• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all Clear blue skies, sunshine, frosty and The Dog (tw) is a tad unwell.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      This evening's all-action feature was a rewatch of Terminator Genisys (2015), in which various aspects of the previous films are retconned on the pretext of alternate timelines and stuff so we can have yet another ending. Good stuff, if you like that kind of thing

Apparently my previous watching thereof was on January 13, 2017. For some reason I didn't record it here

Goodnight all
      I haven't watched it yet.

I hope it's not in Ye Humongous Pile of DVDs in the front room.

Morning.

Dry.

Cold.

Sort of overcastish and hazy but not quite definable as grey.

Odd night's sleep which seemed to consist largely of a dream of travelling from Carmarthen to London for no readily apparent reason that I could discern.

Which led in turn to listening to the World Service & R4 for a while, bits of which I can remember.

Mostly the bits about some chap being arrested in an embassy and some Israeli satellite making an impact on the moon.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all Clear blue skies, sunshine, frosty and The Dog (tw) is a tad unwell.
        What wrong with the dog? Did he eat a strange cyclist who was riding through yopur village?

PS we don't care how you are.....

Comment

Morning denizens

Another cloudy morning, with the sun getting through now and again though not warming stuff up much beyond 9°C or so

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What wrong with the dog? Did he eat a strange cyclist who was riding through yopur village?

PS we don't care how you are.....
          WBPS <- for The Dog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Another cloudy morning, with the sun getting through now and again though not warming stuff up much beyond 9°C or so

WBPS <- for the dog

WNFS about WBS about the dog(tw).

In with the hoi polloi again.

It's a bit "fragrant" in here today.

Thankfully the fragrance just got up & left.

As shall I, shortly.

Things to do (endless search for papers), places to be (the loft).

Ho hum.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2019, 10:38.

Comment

<- Doggy.

Ours is feeling a bit sorry for herself as well, although it could be worse.

She has luxating patellas (her knee caps keep popping out of place) in both knees. Was due for surgery on the first one yesterday. Vet phoned to say having looked at the x-rays etc and examined her while she was sedated, rather than wriggling like an idiot, he didn't think surgery was appropriate at this point and was proposing platelet therapy instead.

Turns out the kneecaps aren't as serious as first thought, but she has moderate to severe arthritis in both knees which is a bigger issue.

Platlet therapy, painkillers and physio/hydro therapy should control the arthritis which will help improve the muscle strength in her back legs, which will in turn improve the stability in the joints, removing the need for surgery. That's the plan.

Came home having had platelet injections in both knee joints, which left her a bit stiff and sore on top of being groggy from the anesthetic, and generally feeling very sorry for herself.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks for the doggy
                She's been sick 3 times this morning, and had bile-like snot coming out her nose once.

Maybe something she found/ate on last night's walk, or she's caught the bug that The Wife (tm) and I had last weekend. She's feeling very sorry for herself, this won't be improved by the fact that she's got an appointment this afternoon for her annual jabs.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks for the doggy
                  She's been sick 3 times this morning, and had bile-like snot coming out her nose once.

Maybe something she found/ate on last night's walk, or she's caught the bug that The Wife (tm) and I had last weekend. She's feeling very sorry for herself, this won't be improved by the fact that she's got an appointment this afternoon for her annual jabs.
                  Gosh! Hope shegets better soon.

Will she be well enough for jabs?

Comment

Rough time all round for dogs, it seems

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

The ex-Strangelove Fiat Seicento is hammering up & down the back lane raising dust clouds.

They seem to be having fun with it, whatever.

Lunch was a Morrisons chicken kiev (reduced) with baked beans (Heinz, unreduced), which was nice enough in a junk food sort of way.

I think I enjoyed it rather more than yesterday's Pukka Pie which seemed a bit light on the kidneys.

I may spend some time this afternoon attempting to get the 97 Corolla going, alternatively I may fill in some holes in the back lane.

For some odd reason I keep on typing letters in the worng order more & more frequently.

I think it's the imminent alzehimers.

Looks like the Strangelove Amazon purchase of roller towels will arrive on Monday.

The excitement is palpable, seeing as the existing couple are about to expire, fluffless.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2019, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X