• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning from a rather hazy and overcast Manchester.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi in the library again.

It's much less "fragrant" than yesterday.

This lot must be able to afford soap.

I take it back, someone just did a silent but deadly.

And it's Lego day again.

But rather than Foundation Degree students with Mindstorms it's 3 & 4 year olds making a racket.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2019, 09:55.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of thin overcast with a reasonable amount of sun getting through here

Not as warm as it could be, but we're used to that by now

Chance of some of DrS's drizzliness making its way over here this afternoon, though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Morning denizens

Bit of thin overcast with a reasonable amount of sun getting through here

Not as warm as it could be, but we're used to that by now

Chance of some of DrS's drizzliness making its way over here this afternoon, though
          Wassup?

Couldn't sleep again?

Time to wend my weary way to the public lavatory for a slash.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Wassup?

Couldn't sleep again?
            Lots to think about doing today!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Lots to think about doing today!
              Me too.

First I thought about going for a slash then decided I'd do it at home.

Then once I'd done that I thought about a nice bonfire since it's raining and no one had washing out.

So I did, and burned a shedload of crap that had been hanging about rather too long.

Then I thought about lunch and had Heinz beans on toast (Morrisons, Ancient Grain), with another quarter of pork pie (Morrisons, reduced) and a Scotch Egg (Morrisons, reduced).

It was all very nice.

Then I finished reading my current book, a slim tome (123 pages) about Alan Turing, written by Nigel Cawthorne.

It was enjoyable though predictably sad at the end.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alan-Turing...gateway&sr=8-1

Now I'm thinking about doing the dishes & finding sommat else to think about after that.

I've had Hodges book about Turing for over 20 years but the 600 page length of it is a bit offputting.

Done the dishes.

Now I'm thinking about having another slash & cleaning my teeth, not necessarily in that order.

And I've found one of the early references to Colossus in New Scientist 10th Feb 1977:

New Scientist - Google Books
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2019, 13:11.

Comment

And I've found one of the early references to Colossus in New Scientist 10th Feb 1977:

New Scientist - Google Books
                Interesting read

Comment

Lunch has been tomato soup, with a couple of thick slices of wholemeal toast. Very nice it was

And whilst guzzling that, I watched Countdown on C4+1, which reminded me that this Friday:

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Countdown filming done

Airs on 19 April (Good Friday) should anyone wish to make themselves feel better by being smarter than me

Comment

Odd to see doodab appearing Specifically In General once again.

He's been gone nearly 5 years, RIP.

Comment

Odd to see doodab appearing Specifically In General once again.

He's been gone nearly 5 years, RIP.
                      Indeed

Our promised rain hasn't happened. Well, not yet anyway. Looking at the satellite thingy, it seems we'll be spared after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X