• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    It would be interesting to know what eek makes of this.

He's had a pretty good grasp of it all right from the beginning, and he's one of very few here whose credentials can be 100% vouched for and no hidden agenda/ulterior motives.
    I was keeping out as I really had nothing to say. All I saw is that Sporty has gone about rejecting the Statutory Demand in a more formal (so more expensive) way than others (and I would) have done so. I would however suspect and grant that he is now at the very bottom of Felicitas's list of people to chase further.

The question really comes down will Felicitas

1) actually take people to court (outside of Statutory Demands that were not objected to)
    or
    2) they just continue to send threatening emails (carefully misrepresenting any Statutory Demand / Bankruptcy court cases as something else) - in the hope that people will give up and give them money.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I was keeping out as I really had nothing to say. All I saw is that Sporty has gone about rejecting the Statutory Demand in a more formal (so more expensive) way than others (and I would) have done so. I would however suspect and grant that he is now at the very bottom of Felicitas's list of people to chase further.

The question really comes down will Felicitas

1) actually take people to court (outside of Statutory Demands that were not objected to)
      or
      2) they just continue to send threatening emails (carefully misrepresenting any Statutory Demand / Bankruptcy court cases as something else) - in the hope that people will give up and give them money.
      Option one is unlikely to happen because of cost and the number of cases.

I would hope that option two has very limited chances of getting very far. After all, you can only do this a very small number of times before it becomes intimidation. There's laws against such behaviour.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

All Quiet On the Western Front !

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeypower View Post
          All Quiet On the Western Front !
          Yes, I was thinking that just the other day.

With a bit of luck, they've moved on to more fruitful endeavours.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I do know said people are extremely busy with Elysium at the moment.

Comment

Possibly, yet more likely to be extremely busy correcting the grammar in Elysium's response documents

Comment

They are Back!
                Just received mail today 11th August.
                Below is an extract from the mail. It goes on to say that if I pay xxx which is a final settlement by end of August then they will write off the rest!

Mail extract:
                We write in connection with the loans you took out in the years 2013 and 2014, in connection with tax
                avoidance. As you know, we have acquired the rights to receive any interest and capital repayments.
                You agreed to the terms of your loans as specified in the schedule attached. The table shows, amongst
                other things, when and how you agreed to the loan terms, and an extract of the terms showing our right to
                demand repayment. Each of these agreements has been made available to you through our client gateway.
                If you have not yet obtained copies, you may do so by contacting us using the information at the top of this
                letter.
                As you can see, we have the right to demand repayment of the capital. This letter is a demand that you
                make repayment of all the amounts outstanding. The due date is calculated in accordance with the terms
                of the loan and shown in the schedule. You may be aware that we have been involved in a number of court
                cases in relation to similar debts. In not a single case has a court found that the money was not due. In
                some cases, we asked the courts to protect our right to begin bankruptcy proceedings, and our requests
                were granted.
                As you can see, we have the right to demand repayment of the capital. This letter is a demand that you
                make repayment of all the amounts outstanding. The due date is calculated in accordance with the terms
                of the loan and shown in the schedule. You may be aware that we have been involved in a number of court
                cases in relation to similar debts. In not a single case has a court found that the money was not due. In
                some cases, we asked the courts to protect our right to begin bankruptcy proceedings, and our requests
                were granted.

Comment

Clumsy cut and paste, as we can see...

(Oh, and they piggy-backed onto other's court cases if I remember correctly.)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And not really a surprise given that HMRC basically gave all trusts the nod to transfer their "loans" to third parties at the end of July.

Beyond that there isn't much to add but remember the only court cases we have seen are (I believe) bankruptcy cases where Felicitas didn't initiate anything and were simply trying to be part of the claim (and in that scenario there is little point for anyone to argue over their claim)
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WJK View Post
                      They are Back!
                      Just received mail today 11th August.
                      Below is an extract from the mail. It goes on to say that if I pay xxx which is a final settlement by end of August then they will write off the rest!
                      What % of the total loan amount is xxx?

Comment

Working...
                      X