• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

It is definitely worth their while to continue. Over 18 months since starting this they haven't stopped.
    But they haven’t yet done the one thing that would ensure people pay up - which is taking someone to court, arguing that money is owed and the court agreeing with Felicitas.

yes I know they claim to be doing that with their Statutory instrument cases but that isn’t true and we should have killed that risk off for everyone who reads this forum and did what we told people to do.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The real uncertainty we all find ourselves in is knowing the legality of arguments for/against!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But they haven’t yet done the one thing that would ensure people pay up - which is taking someone to court, arguing that money is owed and the court agreeing with Felicitas.

yes I know they claim to be doing that with their Statutory instrument cases but that isn’t true and we should have killed that risk off for everyone who reads this forum and did what we told people to do.
        Agree but for nearly every single debt dispute or debt, court is the final resort, normally after all other options have been exhausted.

Maybe we are close to final action, maybe we are another three steps away.

Comment

I suspect that if they offered the 5% option again, then a number of people would probably take them up on this just to make it go away now. I've seen some later correspondence sent to multiple people, and I cannot for the life of me understand the maths behind their latest "offer" numbers. How they've arrived at those figures I have no clue.

After that though, then it will be the people who will refuse to engage at any cost. That's when it'll become put up or shut up time I think.

As for the legality of it all, well I'm sure both sides believe that their case is strongest, same in every dispute I guess. It just remains to be seen whether Felicitas believe their case is strong enough to put considerable money behind it, as I would assume (although may be wrong) that they would be required to pay funds upfront as to costs, and the risk of costs being awarded, due to the somewhat opaque nature of their business, or where it's located.

In addition, what's the deal with getting money sent to a different company for settlement. I suspect that's nothing more than Felicitas hedging their bets, because if they go to court and loose, they will claim they don't have any funds, so can't pay anything anyway.

All personal opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
            I suspect that if they offered the 5% option again, then a number of people would probably take them up on this just to make it go away now. I've seen some later correspondence sent to multiple people, and I cannot for the life of me understand the maths behind their latest "offer" numbers. How they've arrived at those figures I have no clue.

After that though, then it will be the people who will refuse to engage at any cost. That's when it'll become put up or shut up time I think.

As for the legality of it all, well I'm sure both sides believe that their case is strongest, same in every dispute I guess. It just remains to be seen whether Felicitas believe their case is strong enough to put considerable money behind it, as I would assume (although may be wrong) that they would be required to pay funds upfront as to costs, and the risk of costs being awarded, due to the somewhat opaque nature of their business, or where it's located.

In addition, what's the deal with getting money sent to a different company for settlement. I suspect that's nothing more than Felicitas hedging their bets, because if they go to court and loose, they will claim they don't have any funds, so can't pay anything anyway.

All personal opinion of course.
            Hi......another website popped up https:// lcjreu.org.uk/updates.html.................does anyone know anything about these guys...........they asked me for my Id and docs which i thought weird..........seems to be staffed by volunteers...........they recomended a soliciter called philip shelcott if you get a statutory demand..........i sent an e mail to him yet to receive a response.............but i have not received a response..................however i have got advice from a friend (soliciter big four consultancy) he said the letters requesting id docs and if they are lying about the court cases, if taken to court would reflect on them very negatively in front of a court room. Is it confirmed that these court cases are real or not?

Comment

The court cases are 100% genuine, it's the detail that needs scrutiny. For instance, it's "possible" the the person who may have sent you a letter regarding these court cases may be trying to make out that the issue is far more in their favour and far more cut and dry than the reality of it. Lets just say they appear to have worded their letters to be far more one sided than it is.

It's worth noting that as far as anyone is aware, nobody has been taken to court to test the validity of a certain companies claims. A certain company keep using the threat of such action, but so far have done nothing more than send letters and mis-use SD's to try and make their case. The easiest and most straightforward way for them to prove their case, would be to just take someone to court based on nothing more than the alleged debt, but to date a certain company appears to have been very reluctant to do that.

Personally, I would be VERY careful who I gave any ID details to, there are I suspect many snakes in this particular grass.

Comment

Originally posted by zappa611 View Post

Hi......another website popped up https:// lcjreu.org.uk/updates.html.................does anyone know anything about these guys...........they asked me for my Id and docs which i thought weird..........seems to be staffed by volunteers...........they recomended a soliciter called philip shelcott if you get a statutory demand..........i sent an e mail to him yet to receive a response.............but i have not received a response..................however i have got advice from a friend (soliciter big four consultancy) he said the letters requesting id docs and if they are lying about the court cases, if taken to court would reflect on them very negatively in front of a court room. Is it confirmed that these court cases are real or not?
                Yep the loan charge judicial review group are real but I'm not sure how much help they will be here

Reality is if yoh received and disputed the statutory demand it's up to Felicitas to make their next move (which probably won't be more than letters and emails as anything else costs REAL money)
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep the loan charge judicial review group are real but I'm not sure how much help they will be here

Reality is if yoh received and disputed the statutory demand it's up to Felicitas to make their next move (which probably won't be more than letters and emails as anything else costs REAL money)
                  It's not just cost, it also depends on whether Felicitas believe they have a valid case or claim. Because of the dubious nature of these schemes, taking someone to court is a double-edged sword for Felicitas and they themselves could end up being in the firing line when many of the unsavoury details of the whole saga could come out in a court of law, where things do not stack up (eg. chronology shows that payment could not have been made from the alleged trust) and correspondence is produced which goes against Felicitas's testimony of the alleged loan being repayable. That's even before the alleged transfer of the alleged trusts is scrutinised.

I have said this from the start and I stand by it. This will never get to a court of law. They could take someone to court for other reasons and misrepresent it like they are doing already.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 May 2021, 12:58.

Comment

I have been through this whole process and paid my solicitor a few thousand now but well worth it tbh. I would rather pay a solicitor than pay Felicitas anything as I owe them nothing!
                    Don't get me wrong this has been a very stressful time.
                    Felicitas solicitor have sent me several letters asking for a no order which means no party will pay for each others costs, we ignored the first letter and thought we will just go to court in June. They sent a second letter a month later with a few threats that someone has already had to pay there costs etc, the usual from Felicitas. These people really don't want to go to court so just keep on and ignore all there threats.
                    Now If someone owed me a Loan of thousands of pounds then I would definitely be taking the person to court to pay up but they know they haven't got a leg to stand on if it did go to court so they are backing down as soon as there's a chance this could go to court and obviously they don't want all the costs legal fees that they could incur.
                    Don't get me wrong I would love to go to court but was advised by my solicitor that Felicitas have agreed to put this statutory demand aside and the judge may award Felicitas costs as they have agreed to put it aside so not worth the risk at all I will just take the hit on my legal costs. Felicitas have agreed to go halves on the costs for the consent order we need to put in through the courts.
                    My solicitor has also said this now puts me in a very strong position for the future should they sell on the debt or try something else like this as they have agreed to put the statutory demand aside and they are not pursuing the debt I apparently owe!
                    Should this raise its ugly head again in the future the courts will have to act and deal with Felicitas or whom ever, but hopefully this will be the end of it for me.
                    My advise is definitely get a solicitor to deal with Felicitas it may cost a bit but money well spent in my view.
                    Good luck to you all there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty View Post

I have been through this whole process and paid my solicitor a few thousand now but well worth it tbh. I would rather pay a solicitor than pay Felicitas anything as I owe them nothing!
                      Don't get me wrong this has been a very stressful time.
                      Felicitas solicitor have sent me several letters asking for a no order which means no party will pay for each others costs, we ignored the first letter and thought we will just go to court in June. They sent a second letter a month later with a few threats that someone has already had to pay there costs etc, the usual from Felicitas. These people really don't want to go to court so just keep on and ignore all there threats.
                      Now If someone owed me a Loan of thousands of pounds then I would definitely be taking the person to court to pay up but they know they haven't got a leg to stand on if it did go to court so they are backing down as soon as there's a chance this could go to court and obviously they don't want all the costs legal fees that they could incur.
                      Don't get me wrong I would love to go to court but was advised by my solicitor that Felicitas have agreed to put this statutory demand aside and the judge may award Felicitas costs as they have agreed to put it aside so not worth the risk at all I will just take the hit on my legal costs. Felicitas have agreed to go halves on the costs for the consent order we need to put in through the courts.
                      My solicitor has also said this now puts me in a very strong position for the future should they sell on the debt or try something else like this as they have agreed to put the statutory demand aside and they are not pursuing the debt I apparently owe!
                      Should this raise its ugly head again in the future the courts will have to act and deal with Felicitas or whom ever, but hopefully this will be the end of it for me.
                      My advise is definitely get a solicitor to deal with Felicitas it may cost a bit but money well spent in my view.
                      Good luck to you all there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Not really sure what your solicitor has done for you?

There are parts of your post which are interesting 'a no order' can you explain please?

It seems your solicitor has helped you set aside your SD (which is the correct thing) however most have done this by disputing.

The part which will intrigue us all is 'they are not pursuing the debt' Can you enlighten us a little more please?

As to 'your' loan company taking your clients to court for any loan. Your loan company would see court as the very last action and debt can rumble along for years and years before hitting a court.

Comment

Working...
                      X