• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I think the advice is to cut back. So if you're already running marathons, a two mile jog is probably OK. But if you're just starting, then lay off for a bit.
    Decided to go for a bike ride on New Years Day but was struck down with a tummy virus (both ends like)

Decided to reschedule for 3rd Jan. Wife in labour.

Rescheduled for yesterday (4th). Yesterday afternoon I started feeling "dickie" again.

Went anyway as if you wait to have 100% clean bill of health in our house you'd die waiting.

6 miles. In the dark. My crappy "Bike Hut" lights were absolutely no help in lighting my way. Hopefully the hi viz I was cocooned in made me at least slightly visible.

The 3 mile haul back into Luton with a 60mph head wind lashing with freezing rain was also quite bracing.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Decided to go for a bike ride on New Years Day but was struck down with a tummy virus (both ends like)

Decided to reschedule for 3rd Jan. Wife in labour.

Rescheduled for yesterday (4th). Yesterday afternoon I started feeling "dickie" again.

Went anyway as if you wait to have 100% clean bill of health in our house you'd die waiting.

6 miles. In the dark. My crappy "Bike Hut" lights were absolutely no help in lighting my way. Hopefully the hi viz I was cocooned in made me at least slightly visible.

The 3 mile haul back into Luton with a 60mph head wind lashing with freezing rain was also quite bracing.
      6 miles! So you popped out to the shops then.

If we're including those I did three of those last week. It hardly counts.

I've been thinking about the gym all week.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've been thinking about the gym all week.
        I bet you have.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          I think the advice is to cut back. So if you're already running marathons, a two mile jog is probably OK. But if you're just starting, then lay off for a bit.
          Decided to try and walk into town and back until I'm feeling fit and re-start swimming. Virtually everything about swimming seems bad for a cold - getting chilly in the changing room, trying not to snot in the pool, etc.

Had a nice walk yesterday but rather spoiled it by stopping for kebab-meat & chips for lunch (in my defence the sandwich shop was unexpectedly closed).
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Decided to try and walk into town and back until I'm feeling fit and re-start swimming. Virtually everything about swimming seems bad for a cold - getting chilly in the changing room, trying not to snot in the pool, etc.

Had a nice walk yesterday but rather spoiled it by stopping for kebab-meat & chips for lunch (in my defence the sandwich shop was unexpectedly closed).
            I've been rather put off my swimming pool by the rather strange elderly fella who comes in and seems to semi masturbate his rather large and growing protuberance while walking up and down the changing room. He does garner some tuts and WTF from other people in the room but as to date no-one has challenged him or lamped him.

Greg if you want the name of the gym and time I'll let you know, he's your type.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I cycled home last night - well the first 9 miles before I got a puncture. Had to walk last 2 miles. I managed to keep off the carbs.

Today I jogged 3.5 miles - just fruit for breakfast.

Comment

Played badminton for the first time in years on Monday am still suffering for it. Will be joining the local club from next week.

Not really changed diet much, just cut back on the boozing a tad.

Trying to find a yoga or Tai Chi course now.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  tonight I will start by going swimming. Then I will start training properly for my 2nd dan
                  I'm glad I went - boy was it hard work but a lot easier with new goggles.
                  There is a training session for great north open water swim - I'll see how the next couple weeks go and I might enter

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I've been rather put off my swimming pool by the rather strange elderly fella who comes in and seems to semi masturbate his rather large and growing protuberance while walking up and down the changing room. He does garner some tuts and WTF from other people in the room but as to date no-one has challenged him or lamped him.

Greg if you want the name of the gym and time I'll let you know, he's your type.
                    By growing do you mean it's bigger each time? That could be serious!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Gym last night was full of the new year's resolution crowd. One fit bird, the rest were fat ugly wobblers.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X