• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    6 miles! So you popped out to the shops then.

If we're including those I did three of those last week. It hardly counts.

I've been thinking about the gym all week.
    It's not great, I know. I am gearing up (pun intended) for the L2B in June. Only this time I have a Facebook Group, and more people coming along so we have to start slow and build from there. I don't mind as building fitness slowly is better than rushing at it.

I'm sure 6 miles is better than nothing, but at what mileage does it register on the MF scale?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It's not great, I know. I am gearing up (pun intended) for the L2B in June. Only this time I have a Facebook Group, and more people coming along so we have to start slow and build from there. I don't mind as building fitness slowly is better than rushing at it.

I'm sure 6 miles is better than nothing, but at what mileage does it register on the MF scale?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ah we'll be on radar next week then.

Comment

Why not cycle 10*500 metre sprints instead? Quicker, more effective and if you're really unfit it'll remove your inferior genes from humanity by giving you a massive heart attack.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've been rather put off my swimming pool by the rather strange elderly fella who comes in and seems to semi masturbate his rather large and growing protuberance while walking up and down the changing room. He does garner some tuts and WTF from other people in the room but as to date no-one has challenged him or lamped him.

Greg if you want the name of the gym and time I'll let you know, he's your type.
            Using the 3rd person to describe yourself only works if you're Julius Caesar. But it certainly sounds intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Why not cycle 10*500 metre sprints instead? Quicker, more effective and if you're really unfit it'll remove your inferior genes from humanity by giving you a massive heart attack.
              Couple of points.

1) Being unfit or fit is no measure of gene quality.
              2) I am not training for the marines. Cycling and gradually building the fitness will do just fine. After all it worked ok last year.

These bloody fitness freaks that talk about going for the burn, and doing sprints / sets / bursts make me think of Jim Fixx.

Comment

Gym last night was full of the new year's resolution crowd. One fit bird, the rest were fat ugly wobblers.
                It's always the case at the beginning of the year lol
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

I'm thinking of going to the gym, but am actually going to the pub instead.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm thinking of going to the gym, but am actually going to the pub instead.
                    I'm sure I read somewhere that just thinking about exercise makes your muscles stronger.

Off to google...

Edit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...up-biceps.html

In my case I reckon just thinking about chocolate makes me fat...

Comment

Gym last night was full of the new year's resolution crowd. One fit bird, the rest were fat ugly wobblers.
                      Wilmslow's girlfriend who works there as instructor?

Comment

Working...
                      X