• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For two days running I haven't walked 500 yards to clientco from my lodgings, because it has been too windy.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Typical, come down with a slight cold. Which would be fine except snotty nose and swimming are a bad combination.

I always thought you weren't supposed to exercise when ill, something about it making you more weak and vulnerable to the germs... does anyone know if that's true or not?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Typical, come down with a slight cold. Which would be fine except snotty nose and swimming are a bad combination.

I always thought you weren't supposed to exercise when ill, something about it making you more weak and vulnerable to the germs... does anyone know if that's true or not?
        I have been exercising alot over the last 6 months and I am suffering less illness than before. However once you get ill it is very hard to exercise (well it is for me). And once you stop it is hard to get going again.

I recommend trying to do something every day - even if it is just a brisk walk. Easier said than done - but the denizens of cuk will be cheering you all the way!

Comment

I will be walking youngest to school on Wed/Thurs/Fri from next week, I used to take her to before school club, but as I'm WFH these days I will take her. Little bit of exercise and I get to reduce my outgoings in one go

Comment

Change4life meal #3 tonight 'Quick pitta pizzas' (I couldn't get pitta so we had Naan, but quick naan pizzas doesn't have the same alliterative qualities). Although did double the mozzarella, so possibly not quite as low fat as it should have been. Can't remember the last time I cooked 3 nights in a row.

Have had a glass or 3 of wine this evening. Still reckon I'm calorie negative this week though. Sunday's weigh in will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              For two days running I haven't walked 500 yards to clientco from my lodgings, because it has been too windy.
              Lay off the beans. Althought windy is better in open air. A rancid fart in the confines of your car is not a pleasant experience.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think the advice is to cut back. So if you're already running marathons, a two mile jog is probably OK. But if you're just starting, then lay off for a bit.

Comment

I bought Wii Fit.

Bring on 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I bought Wii Fit.

Bring on 2013!
                    Did you do the weigh in thing? Did it give you a little paunch?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I bought Wii Fit.

Bring on 2013!
                      I expext you've already bought the new Mrs AtW the Pro-Shotputter game for Christmas to help her feel at home. But don't get carried away in the whirlwind - make sure you include it as an asset on the pre-nup.

Comment

Working...
                      X