• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nah, just getting back to sensible eating and doing some proper exercise. It's basically what I put on over Xmas.

Cut out the booze, cakes and treats and got back in the gym / on the bike.
    Quite a lot in a week - over 4lb a week is a lot unless you're a right porker
    But then if you hadn't been training it might have included fluid retention or something.

I've set myself the gentle target of 1lb a week since I really only need to lose about 5lb, maybe 10 at the very most. Then I would like to focus more on building a bit of muscle.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Quite a lot in a week - over 4lb a week is a lot unless you're a right porker
      But then if you hadn't been training it might have included fluid retention or something.

I've set myself the gentle target of 1lb a week since I really only need to lose about 5lb, maybe 10 at the very most. Then I would like to focus more on building a bit of muscle.
      It is, and I'm not expecting it to carry on that way, but I've been focussing on cardio rather than strength and keeping the heart rate in zone 2 to burn off the fat. That plus being strict about the diet does the job.

Target is to get back below 90kg so another couple of weeks of this and I can ease off a bit
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Scales in the gym re-appeared today. Over Christmas I put on 2kg. Lost it by end Jan.

I am now up 5kg! Yes five.

Where can I buy those low calorie lettuce leaves?

Comment

The battery in my scales has run out. I'm sure it's all fine though :

Comment

The diet starts tomorrow (too hung over today!)

Comment

Cut out the potatos rice bread and pasta and the weight falls off.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/foods
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                The battery in my scales has run out. I'm sure it's all fine though :
                Use a tape measure then. I'm sure you have one.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Where can I buy those low calorie lettuce leaves?
                  You don't need low calorie food. You just need to put less calories through that orifice in your face.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    The diet starts tomorrow (too hung over today!)
                    Everyone is on a diet of one type or another. High calorie low calorie. What is starting tomorrow? Eating?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I shifted 16kg last year and actually continued losing over Christmas. I have 13kg to shift to reach my target.

I took it easy, never turning down a drink or a dinner out but took up walking, lots of, and simply stopped eating when full. I weigh myself every day so I got to know how I react to different foods, exercise, etc etc and take the weekly average to measure my progress. By making small changes every day and not expecting rapid results, I've done pretty well for myself.

Your diet is what you do every day. It's not something special, like a puppy, that you give up when it stops being cute.

Comment

Working...
                      X