• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make Britain Great Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

If he is "opportunistic" this means that he only does things where there is a need for them to be done. For example it was only in the past few months, as the economy has begun to slide, that he has seen a need for his services. The past 4 years he has been in the background.

"has a public persona completely at odds with is real self." - where did you see this?

So for the past 15 years, Labour have been an ineffective opposition. I would suggest that they would be an ineffective government. And the Tories have been ineffective too, running up a huge government debt, importing millions of immigrants into the country despite saying they wouldn't, so I don't think they would make a good opposition either.
    So who is left? Reform, the Green Party, and the Liberal Democrats. And I don't agree with the policies of those last two!
    Indeed it seems in a pool of a typical water suppliers run off we are asking what the best turd is.

Conservatives have been in charge for too long and don't wish to fix their problems. its simple just just run the country properly.
    Labour - Starmer the terrorists friend 2.0 is hopeless with lack of decisiveness. Tax and splurge is on the way.
    Reform - could be worse at least talking about the issues people care about.
    Last edited by vetran; 3 July 2024, 10:55.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Starmer does the same, the difference being that he is going to do something completely different when he wins that he is not telling you.
      I suspect you're right. I wonder what this will be?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Staggering logic there.

Don't want to vote for one of the big parties because they are big and don't represent you, but don't want to vote for a local independent because they represent you better than anyone else but it's a waste, instead, choose a Ltd that is run by charlatans who have been on the political gravy train since Rishi Sunak was in shorts. (or, for example, Sue Ellen Braverman was 13 when Farage founded UKIP)
        How is an independent going to form a government to get any changes I want through parliament? Where did I say big? Its nothing to do with their size (LabCon), but that they are traitors who have sold this country out and constantly work against our best interests, and there is almost zero difference between their policies. Its a uniparty stitch up, and has been for decades of my life.

Comment

How is an independent going to form a government to get any changes I want through parliament?
          That's the point, you're not voting for the party to 'do it's thing', you are voting for your local MP who may or may not agree (even with their own party) with any motion. In theory, if it's a motion that affects their constituency then they should consider those who voted for them.
          But that's grown up politics, not the playground variety.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            they are traitors who have sold this country out and constantly work against our best interests,
            Reminds me of the British MEP who was on the fisheries committee but only turned up once in 40+ meetings, never tried to negotiate, never achieved anything, then having sold this country out, he tried to blame everyone else. Can't remember his name, it was something like "Neil Frottage" and he was a serial politician.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

That's the point, you're not voting for the party to 'do it's thing', you are voting for your local MP who may or may not agree (even with their own party) with any motion. In theory, if it's a motion that affects their constituency then they should consider those who voted for them.
              But that's grown up politics, not the playground variety.
              You may be voting for your local MP but if your MP is not able to work in coalition with MPs of their own party and/or from other parties if they are from a smaller party then they won't shape and help shape legislation that has an impact on your life and those around you going forward. Examples of this is are the same-sex marriage bill which was a Tory bill but due to Labour support was passed, plus all the bills that were passed during the last week of parliament at the end of May 2024.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

How is an independent going to form a government to get any changes I want through parliament?
                Why do you want anything? - you're escaping!
                Why are you still here?
                You should be gone by now. It's not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Reminds me of the British MEP who was on the fisheries committee but only turned up once in 40+ meetings, never tried to negotiate, never achieved anything, then having sold this country out, he tried to blame everyone else. Can't remember his name, it was something like "Neil Frottage" and he was a serial politician.
                  He campaigned on the basis of "I will work to get us out of the EU". His entire raisin d'etre of being an MEP was to further that aim, alone. Had he done anything else he would have been going outside his remit.

Comment

He campaigned on the basis of "I will work to get us out of the EU". His entire raisin d'etre of being an MEP was to further that aim, alone. Had he done anything else he would have been going outside his remit.
                    So why go on the fisheries committee?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So you admit he wasn't doing it in the best interests of the UK, but for his personal aim, ignoring UK fishermen, selling them down the river, because a wealthy broker's dream is of far more importance than any UK worker who works in the UK and pays taxes in the UK.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X