• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

Yeah. I looked at S2000s, but they're WAAAAY more expensive. I mean £7 for one with 200k miles on it!

On the flip side, seems like there are quite a few SLKs for around the £5-6k mark. Maybe I should have a test drive in one.
    And it will still worth £7k at the end of the year. Look at cost of ownership, not price.

SLK is a poser car, not a lot of fun to drive unless you get an AMG variant...

Other possible options are the BMW Z3 and Z4 or even a Caterham...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

S2000 very under rated for sure and the MX5 is pretty perfect in what it's supposed to do. Just don't like the sit up out of the cab position. I like sitting down in the car and having the hump behind my head in the 350. More solid and sporty feeling. Both S2000 and mx5 just feel a bit too girly.

Another option if you are bit of a retro head is the Z3. Some people will say it looks dated but I'd opt for a Z3 over a Z4 because of the retro fun element. With the most expensive one on autotrader being only 8k you can have a lot of fun for next to nothing.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        S2000 very under rated for sure and the MX5 is pretty perfect in what it's supposed to do. Just don't like the sit up out of the cab position. I like sitting down in the car and having the hump behind my head in the 350. More solid and sporty feeling. Both S2000 and mx5 just feel a bit too girly.

Another option if you are bit of a retro head is the Z3. Some people will say it looks dated but I'd opt for a Z3 over a Z4 because of the retro fun element. With the most expensive one on autotrader being only 8k you can have a lot of fun for next to nothing.
        The MX-5 is Mazda re-creating the original Lotus Elan S3. It is emphatically not a girly car. Those would be the various Fiat and Alfa coupes , fun but horribly unreliable.

IMVHO the 350Z is not a sports car, it's a quick coupe but quite brawny so it would be wasted in town-only driving.

Anyway, how do you tell a happy sports car driver? It's the squashed flies on their teeth....
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The only people who care about their car looking girly are people who care too much what people think.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I actually had an MX5 ages ago. I went on a stunt driving course and the instructor told me he used to slate them for the whole hairdressers car thing until he had a go in one on a track. He managed to get it going sideways, and stay sideways for pretty much a whole lap.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

MX5 is a go-er not a show-er They seem to been recognised for decades as one of the best cars if you just like driving - fun, not constantly falling apart, relatively cheap.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There is of course the Chrysler Crossfire...

OK I'll get my coat
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  MX5 is a go-er not a show-er They seem to been recognised for decades as one of the best cars if you just like driving - fun, not constantly falling apart, relatively cheap.
                  And it's what MudSkipper bought when she won the lottery.

I would get one but it's bigger and less fun than a JCW Mini so i'll stick to my JCW Mini
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Never driven one, but most of the motoring press liked the GT86.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...orts-car-great

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Never driven one, but most of the motoring press liked the GT86.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...orts-car-great

qh
                      God no

Sas bought one of those...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X