• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Fun, but I'm not sure that you've read the brief?

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

LOL. Have you ever been in a 2CV? My folks had one when I was a kid and it was the most uncomfortable PoS I've ever been in. Also:

The Price of our bespoke 2cEv is £46,995.00
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Nissan 350z. One of the nicest looking convertibles around with the big fat end and sitting right down in the car. Not like the mx5, s2000s where you look like you are sitting on a rollerskate. Lovely V6 engine noise. Dunno about automatic, not my bag. Cheap to buy but make sure you check the quality of the hood.

I had one for 5 years and despite having some more exotic cars since my got to when I go back to normal cars will be the 370z. More smiles per mile with the hood down on the 350 than any other car I've had to date.

I'd be going for something like this as gunmetal grey is my fave.
        https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02303245597924

Go for the one with the bubble on the bonnet, not the older one with the two lines. Just personal preference.

Looking at all the other cars you can put 20k on that and still sell it for only a couple of K less so good value.

EDIT : Actually a bit odd there are no pics of that with the hood down so here is the same colour with some hood down pics

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02305187524440
        Last edited by northernladuk; 21 June 2023, 10:10.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have to admit that looks nice, the inside looks amazing for that age of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
            There is zero fun anywhere to be had on a 180 min school run.

The only car criteria you need is air-con that works. Start with that.
            Not everyone resents their children, some even enjoy spending time with them. And you have no idea of his route - motorway I would agree A/C all the way but if it's through the country then a conv sounds a fun thing to do - you can always sell it if you hate it after the first month/week

I have always liked the MX-5 and heard it well spoken of. I quite like the BMW Z4 as well though no idea on price.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A £3k MX-5 won't depreciate much over a year, if it's in relatively good nick and nobody's tried to customise it. You won't get an auto,. but the gearbox is so good that won't bother you.

Lots of fun small hatches out there like Fiesta STs and its ilk, but if you want to take the roof off you are a bit limited. I've seen a Honda S2000 for a few grand on occasions and they are vastly underrated so might be worth a look, and may even ben going up in price.

Otherwise find what you really like (Jag F-Type ragtop with an auto box?) and lease it for a year. It's not like it will be doing high mileages...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

2 seater because it'll only be used when I'm taking the boy to school or the swimming pool, or occasionally on my own. I've got 3 kids so anything with the whole family will need my Galaxy (which is why it got bought in the first place). I've not seen anything fun and more than 2 seater at a reasonable price point - happy to have my mind changed though.

Classics are a no go. They're not ULEZ compliant, and I don't really want to have to deal with it overheating/breaking down with an autistic child on board.
                New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Honda S2000
                Never go wrong, and not as obvious as an MX5. Although the MX5 is a very fine car.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Does your son have any interest in cars... if so involve him in choosing?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Honda S2000
                    Never go wrong, and not as obvious as an MX5. Although the MX5 is a very fine car.
                    Yeah. I looked at S2000s, but they're WAAAAY more expensive. I mean £7 for one with 200k miles on it!

On the flip side, seems like there are quite a few SLKs for around the £5-6k mark. Maybe I should have a test drive in one.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Does your son have any interest in cars... if so involve him in choosing?
                      Sadly not. He's also pretty non-verbal. He knows he hates the taxi though.

Comment

Working...
                      X