• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences with Using Technology in Construction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences with Using Technology in Construction

Greetings, Folks,

In today's ever-evolving world, technology plays a vital role in shaping the construction industry. We invite you to share your experiences and insights regarding the use of technology in construction projects. Whether you've embraced cutting-edge solutions or encountered challenges along the way, this forum thread aims to foster discussions and knowledge sharing.

Here are a few questions to get the conversation started:
    1. Which technologies have you implemented in your construction projects, and what benefits have you observed?
    2. How has technology improved the efficiency and productivity of your construction processes?
    3. Have you encountered any challenges or obstacles when adopting new technologies? How did you overcome them?
    4. Are there specific areas in construction where technology has had a significant impact? (e.g., design, project management, safety)
    5. What role has Building Information Modeling (BIM) played in your projects, and how has it influenced collaboration and communication?
    6. Have you explored emerging technologies such as drones, robotics, or augmented reality? What are your experiences with them?
    7. How has technology influenced sustainability efforts in construction? Are there any notable examples from your projects?
    8. What are your thoughts on the future of technology in construction? Which trends or innovations are you excited about?

Feel free to share your success stories, lessons learned, best practices, and any valuable resources related to technology in construction. Let's engage in insightful discussions and help each other navigate the evolving landscape of construction technology.

Note: Please remember to be respectful and considerate towards other participants. Personal experiences and opinions are highly encouraged, as they contribute to a diverse and enriching conversation.

I look forward to hearing from you and exchanging valuable insights!

Cheer's,
    Matt

Wrong kind of contractors I'm afraid. Most here are engineer or IT contractors. Not builders.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To be fair some of us get involved in other stuff as well. Not all of us live in a basement.

Plenty of companies are retrofitting AI heating controls, IOT for dwelling monitoring etc.

Try https://www.housing-technology.com/

In the news modular and printed buildings make a lot of sense, unfortunately it seems the UK is not embracing them.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And who are ‘we’ exactly?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Diver could give us tips on the safe use of circular saws. .
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            And who are ‘we’ exactly?
            More the question, who is the OP? They trying to get a bit of free consultancy from us or something? Sounds more like a company fishing for information rather than another contracting chat pap about what we do.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

looks like a fishing trip.
              But I will bite with my favourite tool and technological marvel that I use on construction sites. A spirit level.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                looks like a fishing trip.
                But I will bite with my favourite tool and technological marvel that I use on construction sites. A spirit level.
                Just above the plumb line I would imagine…
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I like those triangular pencils that don't roll off things

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I like those triangular pencils that don't roll off things
                    But do sharpen it with a stanley knife?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X