• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Experiences with Using Technology in Construction"

Collapse

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I have a spade, I call it the bloody shovel.

It's getting very FOGgy in here again.
    That's because you prefer a long shaft!

Shovel vs. Spade: What's the Difference? - Gardening Products Review

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Hey I am cutting edge, I have a laptop & a laser measuring device!
    Even twin A has a laptop and laser measuring device and she isn't supposed* to be doing inspections for the VOA for another couple of years

* that's changed because another Government department desperately needs to know something but it's irrelevant to the point above.

** equally being a government department it wouldn't surprise me if the call centre workers have also been given laser measuring devices (and they are fun to play with for 30 seconds once in a while).

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What happens if you are outside and it rains?
    Me…. Outside in the rain!!
    I have minions for that sort of thing

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    What happens if you are outside and it rains?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    I have a spade, I call it the spade.
    I have a spade, I call it the bloody shovel.

It's getting very FOGgy in here again.

Leave a comment:

• Sox Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Sure you did, gricer. Currently, you're a professional cretin.
    How do you explain this then?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fAEdrFs.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	4264253

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gibson Troubadour View Post

I had an earlier career as a landscape/garden designer & often think what a great tool Sketch Up would have been to have had at my disposal back then.
    Sure you did, gricer. Currently, you're a professional cretin.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

not a bowl?
    not even a fig!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    not a bowl?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gibson Troubadour View Post

I had an earlier career as a landscape/garden designer & often think what a great tool Sketch Up would have been to have had at my disposal back then.
    Inneresting

Leave a comment:

• The Gibson Troubadour
    replied
    Originally posted by mattsharon View Post
    Greetings, Folks,

In today's ever-evolving world, technology plays a vital role in shaping the construction industry. We invite you to share your experiences and insights regarding the use of technology in construction projects. Whether you've embraced cutting-edge solutions or encountered challenges along the way, this forum thread aims to foster discussions and knowledge sharing.

Here are a few questions to get the conversation started:
    1. Which technologies have you implemented in your construction projects, and what benefits have you observed?
    2. How has technology improved the efficiency and productivity of your construction processes?
    3. Have you encountered any challenges or obstacles when adopting new technologies? How did you overcome them?
    4. Are there specific areas in construction where technology has had a significant impact? (e.g., design, project management, safety)
    5. What role has Building Information Modeling (BIM) played in your projects, and how has it influenced collaboration and communication?
    6. Have you explored emerging technologies such as drones, robotics, or augmented reality? What are your experiences with them?
    7. How has technology influenced sustainability efforts in construction? Are there any notable examples from your projects?
    8. What are your thoughts on the future of technology in construction? Which trends or innovations are you excited about?

Feel free to share your success stories, lessons learned, best practices, and any valuable resources related to technology in construction. Let's engage in insightful discussions and help each other navigate the evolving landscape of construction technology.

Note: Please remember to be respectful and considerate towards other participants. Personal experiences and opinions are highly encouraged, as they contribute to a diverse and enriching conversation.

I look forward to hearing from you and exchanging valuable insights!

Cheer's,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    I had a spirit level with a laser on it.

My experience was that I spent most of my time plating with the laser and very little time checking levels.
    I had one of those!
    My cat thought it was fantastic fun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X