• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken Bruce leaving BBC in 2024

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Bruce leaving BBC in 2024

…and for this headline I get a Popmaster T-shirt
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

The most boring DJ I have ever listened to unsurprisingly he was an accountant.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Boring is good when you set it against the childishly ignorant prattling of most of his rivals on Radio 2..

There will be a mass migration of the older half of their audience to the Beeb's rivals. Personally I'm sticking with Planet Rock and Smooth Chill!
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Radio 2 is dead as a dodo for me, Steve Wright and Ken Bruce were the only people left worth listening to. Now I'll be listening to much more of the Planet Radio offerings with only BBC R3 left to fill in the blanks when the adverts become too much Same with BBC TV which has gone way too woke with recent series such as Silent Witness being dire and unwatchable, ITV is much better these days

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. People chose to listen to his being boring, here we get yours thrust upon us.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. People chose to listen to his being boring, here we get yours thrust upon us.
            OH, the ironing!

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              Radio 2 is dead as a dodo for me
              +1.

I gave up when Benny Green's show ended. OMG - just checked and that was almost 25 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Boring is good when you set it against the childishly ignorant prattling of most of his rivals on Radio 2..

There will be a mass migration of the older half of their audience to the Beeb's rivals. Personally I'm sticking with Planet Rock and Smooth Chill!
                Yeh, I like Smooth Chill, got it on my car DAB radio selection. Most of it's old fart stuff like Gold and some 70s channel, forget the name.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

now you are excited about sad_lil_wily thrusting....
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    …and for this headline I get a Popmaster T-shirt
                    Nope he's leaving at the end of March - and seems to own Popmaster so that quiz goes with him.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X