• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the host is sorted for next year!

Click image for larger version

Name:	59607.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	4211595
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You recall Will was the lead in a biopic about Muhammed Ali... I imagine he must have some rudimentary skills.
      He may well have, and he hasn't got that physique from sitting on a sofa.

However, it wasn't a punch, it was an open-handed slap, basically saying "you aren't worth a punch, little man...". And I have no doubt that if he meant it in anger, rather than as a deliberate (albeit over-severe) reprimand, Rock would not still be standing up afterwards.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Making up up just 10% of the nominations, black people accounted for 100% of the violence at The Oscars...

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

He may well have, and he hasn't got that physique from sitting on a sofa.

However, it wasn't a punch, it was an open-handed slap, basically saying "you aren't worth a punch, little man...". And I have no doubt that if he meant it in anger, rather than as a deliberate (albeit over-severe) reprimand, Rock would not still be standing up afterwards.
          He looked to throw it quite hard, it was from the waist - but he may have been being overly dramatic for camera. Or Rock might be able to take a hit - as a stand-up comedian it might not be the first time
          I'm not sure if it being a calculated amount of force makes it better or worse because as you say, a proper slap from a strong chap like Will would knock most people down.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

One interesting aspect of all this is that Will Smith plans to run for President. He used to mention it in every interview. I haven't figure out if this is good or bad for his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              One interesting aspect of all this is that Will Smith plans to run for President. He used to mention it in every interview. I haven't figure out if this is good or bad for his chances.
              Given our friends across the pond have voted in Trump, I think he'll be fine
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                Are you entirely sure this wasn't a running gag? But since that's probably a decade down the line even if it were true... nobody cares in the slightest.

On the other hand, Chris Rock has now sold out all his upcoming shows. I read ticket sales were rocketing and prices were 10X higher for some seats. This is probably the best thing that ever happened to him.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Jade finally broke her silence yesterday.

My interpretation - Calm the F down!

https://news.sky.com/story/jada-pink...-rock-12577531

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Jade finally broke her silence yesterday.

My interpretation - Calm the F down!

https://news.sky.com/story/jada-pink...-rock-12577531
                    not sure how Jim Carrey wading in is helpful!

Comment

It does rather have a whiff of "I still love him"...
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X