• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60897004

Everyone joking about this.

Shouldn't he be arrested?

Yes please arrest Chris Rock for being offensive.

seriously-

Mr Rock has declined to press charges, in the US I understand that makes the offence invisible.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I heard it was a slap.

I think there were better ways Will Smith could have expressed his dismay at the joke made at his wife's expense but I can also understand how shock and anger lead to rash behaviour. You don't expect to go to an awards ceremony and have someone make fun of your partner's medical condition. It was a cheap, lazy joke and it rightly backfired.

Comment

Who hasn't wanted to do that to Chris Rock? Will looked properly angry, but to his credit Chris was lightning quick to roll with it and carry on.
        And credit for not falling to the ground like a footballer and pressing charges for PTSD.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I heard it was a slap.
        Not sure why that's relevant. Some special forces train soldiers to slap in unarmed combat rather than punch. Though maybe Will thought with all his boxing skills (!) his punches might be considered lethal weapons, although it looked a bit like a shoulder-height tennis forehand to me.
        Last edited by d000hg; 28 March 2022, 09:37.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As usual, celebrity stuff goes over me head. Chris Rock, never 'eard of 'im. Watch the Oscars? Not unless I was bedbound.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            As usual, celebrity stuff goes over me head. Chris Rock, never 'eard of 'im. Watch the Oscars? Not unless I was bedbound.
            The clip's pretty good though. You don't get Will Smith showing believable emotion on screen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Who hasn't wanted to do that to Chris Rock? Will looked properly angry, but to his credit Chris was lightning quick to roll with it and carry on.
              And credit for not falling to the ground like a footballer and pressing charges for PTSD.

Not sure why that's relevant. Some special forces train soldiers to slap in unarmed combat rather than punch. Though maybe Will thought with all his boxing skills (!) his punches might be considered lethal weapons, although it looked a bit like a shoulder-height tennis forehand to me.
              You're more likely to seriously damage your hand with a punch.

With regards to Will Smith, I wonder if he still slaps Jada about like that or if he's stopped since the therapy.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You're more likely to seriously damage your hand with a punch.
                Exactly.

Comment

If anyone had made a joke about my wife's illness, especially so publicly, I would have punched their lights out. So whilst I'm not generally going to condone violence, I would never let anyone take a cheap shot at my wife either ... and that goes too even though she's no longer here.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Did he actually make contact?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X