• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2021 to 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're going down comedian/twins route, here's the perfect combo

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRC_82850758.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C338.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	4175952

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

But the real problem is not the actor, its the bloody awful scripts. Whittaker is a fine, brave actor but performing the rubbish material she's been given is beyond her.
      Yeah agreed. We recently rewatched the modern ones and I had mis-remembered Smith as being overly silly. In fact, in his earlier series he showed he was really good BUT towards the end the shows were just shallow and silly and he couldn't do much with them.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

https://www.paddypower.com/special-b...or-who-betting

Michael Sheen or Matt Berry would get my vote.

Sheen for the all round acting (loved the character he played in Tron:Legacy)

and Berry for that voice. "Do you want to see my taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdis."

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 2 August 2021, 16:53.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I'm goinjg for Worzel Gummidge with Aunt Sally and Sid the Snake as companions. They would be a lot more believeable than the "woke" Dr Who we had to suffer recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
            I'm goinjg for Worzel Gummidge with Aunt Sally and Sid the Snake as companions. They would be a lot more believeable than the "woke" Dr Who we had to suffer recently.
            It's the script writers. You could cast Donald Trump and it would still be woke.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not sure how being woke makes them unbelievable. Unbelievable means they act in a way very different to real people.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Not sure how being woke makes them unbelievable. Unbelievable means they act in a way very different to real people.
                Maybe, but irrelevant. A script that relies on pages of explanatory dialogue to make a point that is already well understood - at least to anyone with a small degree of awareness of history - and has a single device that can solve any physical problem by going "beep" is simply lazy or incompetent.

Also "unbelievable" means doing something that is clearly impossible. Waving a magic wand - sonic or not - doesn't make it believable.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Also "unbelievable" means doing something that is clearly impossible. Waving a magic wand - sonic or not - doesn't make it believable.
                  That's nonsense. It's about being believable within the premise of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It's the script writers. You could cast Donald Trump and it would still be woke.
                    Nigel Farage for Doctor?

I think SYL would be a step too far!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      It's because woke people don't know how to be real. As with all other ideologues, what matters is the ideology, not the individuals that it purports to benefit. I find them entirely unbelievable.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X