• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2021 to 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Peter Hamilton's Commonwealth 'Universe' is much more up to date take on the whole Human/Immortal/Cyborg/Android/Robot question. Not too 'grown up' either.
    Also any Philip K Disk short story for a taste of 1960's view of the future also worth the effort.
    Much prefer the Culture novels or almost anything by Greg Bear for extrapolative SF. But there are plenty of good old-fashioned "wild and woolly" SF novels out there, some of which are very readable if not particularly informative.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And so it begins.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No, it doesn't begin, it carried on from before. Lots of dashing around, gabbling incoherently to try to explain the plot (was there a plot? well...) and obviously building several threads that will no doubt come to make some sort of sense over the rest of the series. Lots of flash bangs to keep the kids amused natch. However;

Tension - nah, not really (apart for the weeping angel of course).

Logic? Why start now?

Thrills? Who needs them...

One more episode and I suspect I'll give up again. I hope I'm wrong but with Chibnall in charge things are not looking good.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Missed it. Oh well. I'll maybe check out the next episode, but not holding out much hope.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Missed it. Oh well. I'll maybe check out the next episode, but not holding out much hope.
            It's available on iPlayer...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's available on iPlayer...
              I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort to switch the VPN on, clear the cache on my browser and connect the HDMI cable of my TV to my laptop.

Comment

I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort to switch the VPN on, clear the cache on my browser and connect the HDMI cable of my TV to my laptop.
                Then just torrent it instead

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Then just torrent it instead
                  Great. Install torrent on my laptop... Anyway, I still have to connect to the tv via HDMI.

Comment

I quite enjoyed it last night ... easy viewing on a Sunday evening. A bit of bubblegum tv never hurt anyone
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Great. Install torrent on my laptop... Anyway, I still have to connect to the tv via HDMI.
                      Misery.

I don't believe you don't have any torrent tools installed somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X