• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2021 to 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Nah. Try Jim Carrey's serious movies.
    Aaaaaalrighty then.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But the funny people mentioned are good actors.

The only problem is having seen them mostly play comical characters you immediately think any non-comical character they play is a send up.
      Which are you thinking of? I forget who was mentioned beyond Richard Ayoade who I really like but seems a bit of an obvious choice, for the same reasons as Noel Fielding. The Doctor is only weird on a superficial level which is why I think Tennant was so good.

Maybe it would be more fun to toss around ideas for really bad/unlikely options...

- Ricky Gervais
      - David Mitchell
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Nah. Try Jim Carrey's serious movies.
        Cable Guy was good and not well known, that was a very non-comedy film. I suppose we say Truman Show was serious, that's a great film. I watched it again recently and had forgotten how good it was.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Which are you thinking of? I forget who was mentioned beyond Richard Ayoade who I really like but seems a bit of an obvious choice, for the same reasons as Noel Fielding. The Doctor is only weird on a superficial level which is why I think Tennant was so good.

Maybe it would be more fun to toss around ideas for really bad/unlikely options...

- Ricky Gervais
          - David Mitchell
          That's the problem. There are a bunch of popular actors known for quirky roles who people think are funny as a result. Truth is they aren't good enough for stand-up nor can they act in anything needing nuance or interpretation.

But the real problem is not the actor, its the bloody awful scripts. Whittaker is a fine, brave actor but performing the rubbish material she's been given is beyond her.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Same with Capaldi.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tennant was an excellent Dr Who. Maybe they should do some one-off parallel universe type thing where he figures out how to get Rose back.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Tennant was an excellent Dr Who. Maybe they should do some one-off parallel universe type thing where he figures out how to get Rose back.
                Of the rebooted versions, Tennant and Ecclestone both in their own way captured the essential alien-ness of the character, Capaldi was irritating beyond belief (never let an enthusiast play their favourite character!), Smith was OK but a bit lightweight (saved by the lovely Amy of course) and Whittaker had nothing to work with but a Jackanory script and a lack of credible scary creatures. Canyou imagine Chibnal creating the Weeping Angels? Thought not...

But as far as I'm concerned the definitive versions were Troughton and Tom Baker...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Tom Baker. Only and forever.

But Matt Smith appeared lightweight, but what he portrayed rather brilliantly under that (in my opinion) was the massive intelligence that the Doctor has. My favourite two series were the Rory/Amy. Especially their first series finale. "Something borrowed, something blue... Raggedy Man, I remember you, and you are *late for my wedding*!"
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Daleks, you slags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2_JS230006785.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4175936

Comment

Maybe a duo?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X