• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTFY

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have a zero hour contract. I have 60 contractors beavering away working their little socks off whilst I do F*** all.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      FTFY
      The CUK education program is not quite there yet
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        FTFY
        Sounds like he's doing it right then.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Oh dear a Bremoaner complaining again.

Michael O'Leary tells UK: 'The world will want to screw you' - Independent.ie

He needs to pull himself together.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Yeah but this is from a man who deliberately underfuels planes thus putting peoples lives in jeopardy just to line his own pockets.

Maybe it is not the world trying to screw you but rather pointless grabbing tw@s like him?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

He may be a brash fellow, but I am afraid he's making a point. Try and look at it from the point of view of the trade negotiators in every major nation. What will be their strategy? It's going to be along the lines of 'The UK has left the EU, they are desperate to strike new trade deals, let's drive as hard a deal as we can' The idea that the US, Australia, China, India,...etc are going to be all benign and cuddly with us is arrant nonsense. These countries will all look after their own self interest first and will respond to the demands of their own internal lobbies and pressure groups. Ask yourselves why is it that till this day the ban on UK beef in the US is still in place

Comment

Possibly some good news: Alnylam to Expand Global Footprint with New European Office in Maidenhead, UK | Business Wire (just to counter all the links the Brexiters keep publishing about Bremoaners)
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Possibly some good news: Alnylam to Expand Global Footprint with New European Office in Maidenhead, UK | Business Wire (just to counter all the links the Brexiters keep publishing about Bremoaners)
                  And here's another one: EDC opens London office | Global Trade Review (GTR)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
                    He may be a brash fellow, but I am afraid he's making a point. Try and look at it from the point of view of the trade negotiators in every major nation. What will be their strategy? It's going to be along the lines of 'The UK has left the EU, they are desperate to strike new trade deals, let's drive as hard a deal as we can' The idea that the US, Australia, China, India,...etc are going to be all benign and cuddly with us is arrant nonsense. These countries will all look after their own self interest first and will respond to the demands of their own internal lobbies and pressure groups. Ask yourselves why is it that till this day the ban on UK beef in the US is still in place
                    You're suggesting that nations trading is negative for either one or both parties. I'm surprised anyone does it at all. Hang on, perhaps it might be in the interest of both parties?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      You're suggesting that nations trading is negative for either one or both parties. I'm surprised anyone does it at all. Hang on, perhaps it might be in the interest of both parties?
                      Every nation seeks the best possible deal for itself. That's just a fact. If you don't know that then you are seriously deluded. I ask you again why has the US retained the ban on British beef? Because of their domestic meat lobby. 'Special relationship' and 'Common values' count for nothing in trade talks.

The US will be looking to get access to the NHS(As it was trying to do during the EU trade talks), they will be looking to get their lovely chlorine washed chicken onto UK tables and don't forget good old GM everything. India will be looking to get even more bobs into the UK , China will be looking to dump more sub standard crap on us. Of course we can get such deals signed and sealed much quicker than the EU ever could, but the question is, will they be good deals for us??

Comment

Working...
                      X