• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why should they? The UK is part of the EU and EU law still stands and negotiations can only take place once Article 50 has been repealed so the ball is all in the the UK's court unless you believe in breaking treaties and the law...
    You may be up for bending over & taking it but I suspect most Brits want to find a good solution for all.

While the EU is playing hardball because they believe the EU will topple if they give concessions other members are watching closely. Too hard or push for more integration and many members will want out. They hardly want to be bullied by France & Germany.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
      Cretin Spurt
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's up to the other party to decide what's important to them, they are certainly not keen on having another "Ireland" that it totally outside of EU influence.
        Indeed. And all the more reason to do it.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It's up to the other party to decide what's important to them, they are certainly not keen on having another "Ireland" that it totally outside of EU influence.
          Especially one with a much better workforce, with global connections and its own currency.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If there's no Brexit, there'll be rioting on the streets as all the old fools with one CSE come out on their zimmers waving their walking sticks, ranting puce-faced, before keeling over and dying.
            Let's just get it over with.
            What are your qualifications? I guess by the CSE comment you're an old timer who left with not a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              So presumably it'll be quite empty around here then
              Yep, just the contents of CretinWatcher's head to keep you company. A complete vacuum.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                What are your qualifications? I guess by the CSE comment you're an old timer who left with not a great deal.
                he's still not left with a great deal!

I think he got one star at the Golden Arches.

Comment

Still banging on about that? Got a real bee in the bonnet about your lack of education, bit like Spod.
                  Let's just say that I think Brexit will affect the poorly educated most and I'm not worried about myself.

Comment

Still banging on about that? Got a real bee in the bonnet about your lack of education, bit like Spod.
                    Let's just say that I think Brexit will affect the poorly educated most and I'm not worried about myself.
                    Simple question. Do you have a university degree?

Comment

Simple question. Do you have a university degree?
                      What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                      X