• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I can almost hear the crashing noise of toys exiting prams. Brings joy to the soul...
    I can't hear anything. They've all taken their bats home.

Anyway, the Remnants on here are pathetic examples of moaners. If you really want to see spoilt brats throwing tantrums then head over to the Independent website. They are demanding democracy I. E. Vote again and are claiming that this vote was advisory. They seem to have forgotten the paragraph in the government leaflet stating that they would implement the result of the vote.

Comment

I'm intrigued. If there was another vote, and the majority voted to reject the result of the previous referendum - would that be democracy in action, or a subversion of democracy?

If not - then why not have another vote? Afraid you'll lose?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I'm intrigued. If there was another vote, and the majority voted to reject the result of the previous referendum - would that be democracy in action, or a subversion of democracy?

If not - then why not have another vote? Afraid you'll lose?
        But why vote again? We have had the vote. Everyone knew what they were voting for. In or Out. The government leaflet funded by tax payers money stated it would enact the result. It didn't say it would go off an have a think before deciding what to do.

What would the point of a second vote be? A waste of time and money when we know what the majority want.

Comment

Let's try again.

Hypothetically. And I don't think it would happen. But just supposing in some bizarre alternate universe. there was a vote on

Should we invoke article 50?

And the answer was "no". Would that be democracy?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Let's try again.

Hypothetically. And I don't think it would happen. But just supposing in some bizarre alternate universe. there was a vote on

And then another vote, should the no vote on not invoking Article 50 be binding. Then another vote on whether that result is binding on the previous one.

You sure you don't work for the EU democracy dept?

Comment

Let's try again.

Would it be democracy? Not really as you are saying the first vote doesn't count because you have lost. You would be ignoring that first vote for your own benefit. We had a vote and got a result.

In your hypothetical universe would that be the end of voting as you had your way? Or would we have a third vote to see if we wanted to leave the EU maybe 12 months later? Just to be certain? I'm sure we know the answer.

We've had a vote. It was clear what for. We were told the result would be carried through.

Most economic indicators are good. The Remain team's threats and lies have been exposed as just that. The latest opinion polls support the result. There is no reason for another vote. Let's get on with it.

Comment

Out of interest, if the Remnants lost a second vote, would they accept it or whinge more?

Given the good economic news and having the Remnant's lies exposed, it is likely that the majority would increase. Would the whingers accept defeat?

Comment

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  The Remain team's threats and lies have been exposed as just that....
                  And the lies of the exiters? The £350million a week for the NHS? The control on immigration? The removal of unelected civil servants from running the country? What happened to those lies that are now forgotten by those claiming the losing side lied?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Let's get on with it.
                  Totally with you on that, why can we not get on with it? Why do we have multiple threads every day telling us how wonderful it is now that we have left the EU when we haven't. Why do we keep hearing about the imaginary future, but no one - politicians, campaigners or the victorious complainers are doing anything to get the exit to happen. It's all just a load of hot air, and none of those who were for the exit are getting on with it.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                    Japan's workers have had falling real wages since 1990, just like every single other industrialised country.
                    Hence the Trump phenomenon - all these workers on 20K dollars a year want more, coz they're worth it, innit.
                    Dad bought a detached house and a nice pickup whilst mom stayed at home and baked cookies.

Their kids rent a one bed flat and both wages barely pay the bills.

The American Dream crushed.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      And the lies of the exiters? The £350million a week for the NHS? The control on immigration? The removal of unelected civil servants from running the country? What happened to those lies that are now forgotten by those claiming the losing side lied?

Totally with you on that, why can we not get on with it? Why do we have multiple threads every day telling us how wonderful it is now that we have left the EU when we haven't. Why do we keep hearing about the imaginary future, but no one - politicians, campaigners or the victorious complainers are doing anything to get the exit to happen. It's all just a load of hot air, and none of those who were for the exit are getting on with it.
                      As you know, there was never a £350m promise. And the correct amount we pay is £375m.

Another lie from the pro eu brigade was that they would enact the vote. Of course they thought they would win hence no exit plan. Plans being put in place now. We aren't going to tick A50 j til we are ready, although I'm sure some of you lot would love it if we did si you could cry out about lack of organisation.

There will be a control on immigration. That doesn't mean fewer. It means choosing to suit us.

I can only imagine you work for government under SDC as you seem to enjoy other people telling you what to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X