• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I don't wish to questioned
    No, I expect you don't. Good thing too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I don't wish to question the mind of a staunch hard dim brexitier, but don't you mean microscope?
      Perhaps he's thinking of looking through the big end.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I sincerely hope so.
        Once again GB9 makes no sense. I can only assume the appreciation he's receiving are from equally dim individuals

FTFY
        Are they dim or are you? Do you like being subject to rules created in a different country? By people elected outside ours? Are you so insular that you believe the EU is everything and there isn't a world outside it?

I doubt anyone who voted Brexit thought it would be easy. Quite the contrary. But then these are the sort of people who will battle through the difficulties and make things work. Not turn chicken at the first hurdle.

I would rather have any one of the CUK Brexiters covering my back than the whole group of CUK Bemoaners.

Comment

IMF: EU exit could cause severe damage - BBC News
          IMF says Brexit 'pretty bad to very, very bad' - BBC News

then

IMF: Brexit May Not Mean A British Recession

experts

Comment

British economy has already shrunk by 10% after the vote - measured against other peers in USD or even EUR.

Comment

The outlook looks bleak:

Brexit: Taking the Measure of Britain’s New Normal - Bloomberg

More than four-fifths of the 132 chief financial officers of U.K. companies polled by Deloitte plan to cut capital spending and reduce hiring over the next year
              This is compounded by the fact that the UK is clearly at the back of the queue for trade deals:

the government is racing to hire by year end 300 lawyers, bankers, management consultants, and others with the skill sets to strike deals. They may not be as busy as the government hopes: Both the U.S. and Canada have declared their intentions to prioritize trade deals with the EU over bilateral agreements with just the U.K.
              They could perhaps save themselves some money by employing the trade negotiators when they need them in a couple of years time.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The outlook looks bleak.
                On the contrary, I'd suggest that you feel particularly bleak about the outlook because your feelings are hurt. Let's not pretend that you're taking a dispassionate view of the mixed economic reports at this impossibly early stage during our ongoing non-departure from the EU. As Warner (a Bremainer) has argued, it's more important for some Bremainers that their opinions are validated. Given the BoE survey versus the PMIs, you'd take the PMIs as they paint the more negative picture. Given the depreciation of Sterling and its impacts on the current account, you'd focus on the impact of short-term uncertainty (current account negative) and ignore the elasticity of long-term demand for British exports or British earnings on overseas investments (current account positive). Glass half-empty, wherever possible. Diddums

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  British economy has already shrunk by 10% after the vote - measured against other peers in USD or even EUR.
                  Most of the time you talk utter total crap. But this is exceptional, even by your own standards.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    The outlook looks bleak:

Brexit: Taking the Measure of Britain’s New Normal - Bloomberg

This is compounded by the fact that the UK is clearly at the back of the queue for trade deals:

They could perhaps save themselves some money by employing the trade negotiators when they need them in a couple of years time.
                    How is it clearly at the back? Most countries who want deals don't seem to think so.

Constantly posting nonsense won't stop it being nonsense you know?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      Most of the time you talk utter total crap. But this is exceptional, even by your own standards.
                      You say this quite often, but never offer an explanation of why you think the poster is wrong. Do you think it right to withhold the benefits your your wisdom from us?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X