• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you are a cretin of the lowest order. We cannot survive without the French & Germans telling us what to do.

Love a Bremoaner.

oh this is actually quite fun talking BullTulip.
    The weaker minded crumple at being put down, but we Brits are strong minded and stiff upper lipped, we say 'yes we can' to those that say 'no you can't'.

This is one Brexiter who is still 100% happy with his vote.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      The weaker minded crumple at being put down, but we Brits are strong minded and stiff upper lipped, we say 'yes we can' to those that say 'no you can't'.

This is one Brexiter who is still 100% happy with his vote.

You are obviously as thick as custard. How you manage to get up in the morning I don't know, do you know I'm considerably richer than thou because my Spouse pays for everything! We are buying a house in Portugal so I can stay there and my spouse can stay in England for some peace & quiet!

L(ove) A B(remoaner)
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It was about emotions, negative ones; and behaviour is something that economists struggle to capture.
        Emotions are a fact of life, we need to go with the realities of human nature not ignore them or pretend there is some "cure". It is the daft idealists, with their failure to grasp reality or learn the lessons of history that cause most problems.

If the EU continues in the direction it is going, if it carries on trying to create an EU-wide government with less and less say for individual nations, there will one day be a massive war when those nations, especially the smaller ones with little power, try and regain their freedom.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 23 August 2016, 10:17.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Team GB will do just fine.
          Indeed. The Sun is shining, the economy is ticking over in its usual way. Sport is good. Life's not too bad. Don't let the misery guts Remainers get anyone down.

As an antidote here's TeamGB singing The National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PsKsAbCFQ

Comment

It's like 1957 all over again.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 20 | 1957: Britons 'have never had it so good'

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              I think a does of humility is needed on all sides. The simple truth is unless the negotiations are done in good faith with a spirit of give and take, both sides will be hurt economically. I would advise people to read the highly informative articles on Eureferendum.com by Perter North and Charlie Booker(Both firm Brexiters) to start to get an understanding of the complexities and issues involved with Brexit. There's so much uninformed commentary going around from ALL sides it's truly worrying.
              I agree. It is in the interests of both sides to have a sensible outcome. Unfortunately we have the likes of the Swedes with their veiled threats. It's like your wife leaving you but you still trying to tell her what she can do. She doesn't card what you think any more. The EU has to grasp that very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Aye and only 20 years later, the IMF had to step in to rescue the country from bankruptcy

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

Love the fact that all the so called 'senior economists and economic experts' who predicted economic doom have been shown up as ignorant, incompetent BullTulipers.
                  But hardly surprising, because the same doomsters were wailing and gnashing their teeth when we didn't join the Euro, and when we left ERM
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Emotions are a fact of life, we need to go with the realities of human nature not ignore them or pretend there is some "cure". It is the daft idealists, with their failure to grasp reality or learn the lessons of history that cause most problems..
                    I think in the Scottish referendum currency was a deciding factor for many who voted no. Hardly a emotional decision.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    If the EU continues in the direction it is going, if it carries on trying to create an EU-wide government with less and less say for individual nations, there will one day be a massive war when those nations, especially the smaller ones with little power, try and regain their freedom.
                    What you say carries some weight 100+ years ago

Back in 2016 the world is much more populated. Today we share many of the same problems despite what country we're in. Collaboratively EU countries do not even match in size to the US. It makes much more sense for EU countries to become efficient together, as a way forward.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And another thing! All those saying 'look, we're fine nothing is happening FTSE through the roof'

We've not yet left the £$%$ @$%@ EU. And it's becoming increasingly clear we might not either. Article 50 will not be triggered in this parliament. Mark my words. I know a Judas when I see one.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X