• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirja View Post
    Every nation seeks the best possible deal for itself. That's just a fact. If you don't know that then you are seriously deluded. I ask you again why has the US retained the ban on British beef? Because of their domestic meat lobby. 'Special relationship' and 'Common values' count for nothing in trade talks.

The US will be looking to get access to the NHS(As it was trying to do during the EU trade talks), they will be looking to get their lovely chlorine washed chicken onto UK tables and don't forget good old GM everything. India will be looking to get even more bobs into the UK , China will be looking to dump more sub standard crap on us. Of course we can get such deals signed and sealed much quicker than the EU ever could, but the question is, will they be good deals for us??
    I wasn't suggesting otherwise. What I was saying was that trade deals can be beneficial for both. You are saying, using a single example of USA blocking British beef, that one side wins, the other loses. in fact trade normally benefits both parties otherwise why would anyone bother?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I wasn't suggesting otherwise. What I was saying was that trade deals can be beneficial for both. You are saying, using a single example of USA blocking British beef, that one side wins, the other loses. in fact trade normally benefits both parties otherwise why would anyone bother?
      Yeah exactly this.

Comment

And nothing from the US is banned by the EU (which we're still a part of at the moment)?

But yet the US still trades with EU, oh my god the horror of it all
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

OECD begrudgingly admits it hasn't got a clue.

Comment

And we're not doomed. Yet anyway.

Comment

You only read the headline didn't you?

...has revised up its forecast for growth this year as a result of a stronger-than expected performance in the first half of 2016...
              The thinktank said it was still predicting a sharp slowdown in the economy, but that this would not happen until 2017.
              But yes, that don't know anything, much...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                well....FTSE companies are doing well aren't they, that's gr8 but it does include a number of companies with hardly any employees in Britain like Glencore.

but it does like the tax receipts are still in stage 2, denying the Brexit boom

UK public finances in August leave Hammond little room for Brexit budget boost | Reuters

Britain's public finances showed a slightly bigger-than-expected deficit in August, leaving Chancellor Philip Hammond little room for maneuver as he prepares his first post-Brexit vote budget plans.
                value-added tax receipts rose at their slowest annual pace since March of last year
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  You only read the headline didn't you?

But yes, that don't know anything, much...
                  Revised forecast. That was quite clear.

They stopped short of saying there was no doom. Just delayed doom.

And their forecast didn't take account the possibility of a cut in interest rates.

Sound pretty clueless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    well....FTSE companies are doing well aren't they, that's gr8 but it does include a number of companies with hardly any employees in Britain like Glencore.

but it does like the tax receipts are still in stage 2, denying the Brexit boom

UK public finances in August leave Hammond little room for Brexit budget boost | Reuters
                    A lot of the Mkts increase is down to the Cable rate. If cable reversed then so would the Mkts to an extent

Comment

The Remoaners are getting marginalised as being small minded people holding a grudge because they have been proved wrong. Brexit: Britain's economy has not been affected by EU referendum vote, ONS says | Politics | News | Daily Express

The more a society is driven by capitalism and free markets and is accountable through democracy the more it will prosper. The remoaners can whine all they like but the business environment and the bureaucracy of the multi tiered ruling mecahanism will always mean that the EU will drag behind the UK. If the UK goes "nor*s up" It is likely that the rest of the EU will be fooked already.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X