• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which case you better look at a map and notice what Ireland, France, Iceland and Norway would claim; or does it only apply to the UK?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Exactly. Unless the currency was so weak.
      But if the currency is that weak then they are getting far more pounds for the same euros / dollars / yen etc. when they sell.

Comment

Brexit to lead to "Pandemonium", warn banks
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Nice word that, pandemonium.

All your concerns should be addressed to Theresa and Boris from now on. We voted for their promises and it's up to them to deliver it now.

In the meantime I think I'm going to have an early lunch.
          I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            In which case you better look at a map and notice what Ireland, France, Iceland and Norway would claim; or does it only apply to the UK?

The maps adjusted for other countries of course. Otherwise a 200 mile limit would cover a fair chunk of northern France , Belgium and the Netherlands !

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              What are we going to patrol them with? You think the RAF are going to fly round the coast to protect your fish-supper?
              Sadly a good point. Royal Navy Fisheries Protection vessels have been run down for years. Scotland only has three boats to cover a massive area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti...tection_Agency

Meanwhile we can spend billions on a single Nuclear power plant and that huge white elephant the HS2 railway.

This is the thing with Brexit really. It isn't trade deals and tariffs that are the problem .Its the fact we're incompetent at running our own country !

Comment

I'm not sure how good the fishing is in Belgium. You'd have to put wheels on the trawlers.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I'm not sure how good the fishing is in Belgium. You'd have to put wheels on the trawlers.
                  Eh? Sure you're not getting it confused with Switzerland (*): Fishing past and present: Belgium - Coastal Wiki

(* who do actually have a navy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_...Lakes_flotilla )
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Meanwhile we can spend billions on a single Nuclear power plant and that huge white elephant the HS2 railway.
                    And other infrastructure projects too numerous to mention.

These were all 'negotiated' via the EU framework of zero Government subsidy (which in turned spawned the dreadful PFI).

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      No time to post. too busy spending all the wealth that is coming my way courtesy of Brexit
                      Capita's shares crash after Brexit woes prompt shock profit warning

Capita’s share price has crashed after it issued a surprise profit warning for 2016, revealing that clients were putting off big investment decisions following the Brexit vote.

Shares plunged 28% after the unexpectedly gloomy update on Thursday morning, making the UK outsourcing company the biggest faller on the FTSE 100. Investors took fright at the early warning sign that companies are starting to rein in spending because of uncertainty created by Britain’s decision to leave the EU
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X