• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    another one for the list:

Mphasis
    Would have thought everyone knew what they were - it was the Indian partner for EDS / HP for years..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
      Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
        Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees
        Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.
          I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
          I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
            I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.
            Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..
              my 1st contract was with them. The 'lifers' were truly awful.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                another one for the list:

Mphasis
                Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.
                  MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.
                    Nope MPhasis are owned by Private Equity since HP sold in 2016 - its now mainly owned by BlackStone Group see Mphasis - Wikipedia

It wouldn't be so bad but I pointed this out 4 posts ago...

Comment

Had a chap from Avance Consulting last week want my CV as they had a role that was perfect fit.

I asked if it was freelance and outside IR35.

No, he replied "it is permanent and INSIDE IR35 as well"

Nasty, imagine the tax you'd be fleeced for?

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X