• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

landed in my inbox this morn

They now very urgently need to find the right developer, and are looking to interview and OFFER TODAY if possible.
    • 1 month contract
    • Fully remote
    • Outside IR35 - £400pd

Requirements:
    • React
    • Someone who will be able to pick up tickets from day one

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
      landed in my inbox this morn

They now very urgently need to find the right developer, and are looking to interview and OFFER TODAY if possible.
      • 1 month contract
      • Fully remote
      • Outside IR35 - £400pd

Requirements:
      • React
      • Someone who will be able to pick up tickets from day one
      Can't imagine anyone is that desperate for work...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

I have been making notes of the jobserve activity levels since the lockdown, its reading 28k ish today, about half of what it was between New Year and just before the war started, when it was reading about 49k-52k.
        the reading has popped from 28k a week ago to approx. 54k today, four-to-six weeks of activity like this and we should be back to where we were in January which was, pretty good imho.

Comment

then again....

"Hello,
          Agile Delivery Manager – Remote (Bristol office) - £200/day – Outside IR35 - 3-6 months - Public Sector - ASAP"

Comment

I've been negotiating with several agencies over the last few weeks to recruit a fairly large number of permies for a couple of clients. I've been quite shocked at how high the percentage fees are compared to what was the norm about 12-18 months ago. Several said they have so much work on, they have increased their fees. In one case it's almost double what the same agency was charging me at a different client in 2020.

Does this mean we might see a relative downturn for contractors v perms, at least in the next few months?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              I've been negotiating with several agencies over the last few weeks to recruit a fairly large number of permies for a couple of clients. I've been quite shocked at how high the percentage fees are compared to what was the norm about 12-18 months ago. Several said they have so much work on, they have increased their fees. In one case it's almost double what the same agency was charging me at a different client in 2020.

Does this mean we might see a relative downturn for contractors v perms, at least in the next few months?
              If there is it will be nothing to do with agents and fees. It's too small compared for the need for the right people under the right contract to do work.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

If there is it will be nothing to do with agents and fees. It's too small compared for the need for the right people under the right contract to do work.
                I think you slightly misunderstood my point. It's not the fees per se driving any changes. It's that they are reflecting a big increase in the amount of perm demand from clients which may mean there is less need for contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

Can you provide a figure for us?

Comment

I have been absolutely bombarded by agents over the last few weeks however a good 20% of approaches have been from Indian firms looking to fill the same TCS positions.
                    Last edited by TheDude; 14 April 2022, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                      then again....

"Hello,
                      Agile Delivery Manager – Remote (Bristol office) - £200/day – Outside IR35 - 3-6 months - Public Sector - ASAP"
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Dilbert_Agile_Programming_Speed.png
Views:	574
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	4214421
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X