• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to be picking up. Getting lots of email approaches and occasional calls. The emails even show evidence that the sender has read my CV.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It seems to be picking up. Getting lots of email approaches and occasional calls. The emails even show evidence that the sender has read my CV.
      More than they do for me, lazy feckers. The idiots don't even bother to read my LI profile for the role that I am of course, "a perfect fit" for.

I lost it a bit yesterday:

"Where on my profile, that you obviously couldn't be bothered to read, does it say I've used or listed as a skill: Tableau?"

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

More than they do for me, lazy feckers. The idiots don't even bother to read my LI profile for the role that I am of course, "a perfect fit" for.

"Where on my profile, that you obviously couldn't be bothered to read, does it say I've used or listed as a skill: Tableau?"

qh
        BI is BI.
        I'm not sure why you would limit yourself to a specific product unless you're just a coder.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

BI is BI.
          I'm not sure why you would limit yourself to a specific product unless you're just a coder.
          'Just' a coder?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

'Just' a coder?
            I know, eh? He should have said code-monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
              You should be proud that the Agent has more confidence in you than you have about yourself . Tableau easy to learn. One weekend is more than enough to bluff our way!

Comment

Contract finished this week, was quite surprised by the amount of calls I got back yesterday after putting an updated CV on jobserve - very different from the market 12 months ago!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

You should be proud that the Agent has more confidence in you than you have about yourself . Tableau easy to learn. One weekend is more than enough to bluff our way!
                  And if the client has the money for a Tableau license….
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

I just have no interest in playing with the data, been there done that. Bores me silly.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

Best market ever apparently, you’ll be the Guinea pig for this theory seagull on the basis of your reliability.
                      No pressure then!

Been looking for three weeks and there does seem to be the roles around and had a couple of phone calls but no interviews. Back in ye olde day there was more or less a pyramid of finding suitable roles and putting yourself forward of which some lead to talking to an agent, which some led to interviews and then you repeated the exercise until you had a contract.

When i have looked over the last few years it was all quiet up to the point someone got in touch about a contract and you started the next week with minimum fuss.

Comment

Working...
                      X