• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You could start a book along those lines...
    "depending on your viewpoint" rather reduces it's impact as a first line though.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      Originally posted by eek View Post

      "depending on your viewpoint" rather reduces it's impact as a first line though.
      Yeah, I wonder how it could be better worded...

      Comment


        Just wanted to acknowledge and thank BigDataPro, lecyclist and BlueSharp for their advice and help - cheers guys.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Zzap View Post
          Just wanted to acknowledge and thank BigDataPro, lecyclist and BlueSharp for their advice and help - cheers guys.
          You're more than welcome, I hope things have worked out for you and things are looking up :-)
          Make Mercia Great Again!

          Comment


            Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
            So in summary the market is either the best ever or worst ever depending on your viewpoint?
            I think this can also be summarised as:

            This is the difference between knowing your tulip, and knowing you're tulip.



            I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

            Comment


              Was out for 2 weeks and got 3 offers - all remote. Took one of the 2 that was outside. The inside one was an eye watering rate too but too much hassle.
              Never seen the market so buoyant.
              Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

              Comment


                Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
                Was out for 2 weeks and got 3 offers - all remote. Took one of the 2 that was outside. The inside one was an eye watering rate too but too much hassle.
                Never seen the market so buoyant.
                What do you specialise in?

                Comment


                  A jolly entertaining article on El Reg about types of interviewer:

                  https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/...iewer_feature/

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    A jolly entertaining article on El Reg about types of interviewer:

                    https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/...iewer_feature/
                    "...delegating it to someone with a degree in Grievance Studies ..."

                    Comment


                      How's the contracting market now guys and girls?

                      My wfh Inside gig is about to end but clientco wants to offer a 2 months extension.
                      The only thing that nags me is this contract has a 4 weeks notice period and they want to carry this on for the renewal too!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X