• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I got bizarre email from an agent about the project I applied for in June and forgot. He said their client is still thinking who to pick...

What is the point writing that?
    People moan about not getting feedback and when they get it they still moan... Poor agents just can't win.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
      People who live in chipping Barnet are obviously worth more.
      even agents know this.

FOG
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        People moan about not getting feedback and when they get it they still moan... Poor agents just can't win.
        Won't somebody think of the agents?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          FOG

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
            Feel your pain buddy. Clients want the best candidate at the lowest possible cost, so they seem to be conducting tons of interviews to find the most willing slave.

I applied for a permie role a couple of weeks ago. The salary range on the job ad was £60-75k.

Recruitment agent: "hey PCTNN, your cv looks perfect for the role. what salary should I put you forward for?"
            Me: "well, if I'm a perfect fit for the role, put me forward for £75k"
            Agent: "mmm...I'm also putting forward other candidates that are willing to take £35k..."
            Me: "good for them! Put me forward for £75k."
            Agent: "spoke to the client, based on your cv they don't feel you'd be a good fit for the role"

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              I applied for a permie role a couple of weeks ago. The salary range on the job ad was £60-75k.

Recruitment agent: "hey PCTNN, your cv looks perfect for the role. what salary should I put you forward for?"
              Agent: "mmm...I'm also putting forward other candidates that are willing to take £35k..."
              Agent: "spoke to the client, based on your cv they don't feel you'd be a good fit for the role"

£35k - I'm sure they will take it and leave as soon as a better deal arrives...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I would not be surprised if the job did not existed in the first place either.

I think recruiters, apart from doing the job of finding resources, they have anothet role:

Keep people in a continuous doubt and undermined state of mind. Orchestrated from above by the corporations and rulling class.
                So in fact, the time when they are in the office but without a role to recruit and they call on different pretexts, that is what they are doing.
                They are the not so bright, driven and the enforcing hand of rulling class.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  I would not be surprised if the job did not existed in the first place either.
                  I think this one did/does exist as it was also advertised on the company's website.

Now it's not advertised anymore, which means they have a bunch of 35k candidates they can choose from. Anyways, I've bookmarked this company and will check them out again in a couple of months to see who they end up picking.

I've got the feeling I dodged the bullet on this one

Comment

Companies know they can get away with £35K. Big IT salaries are a distant memory now. Few will be able to achieve those in future & retain the role for long. Supply & demand & unlimited immigration will do that eventually!!

Comment

I think this one did/does exist as it was also advertised on the company's website.

Now it's not advertised anymore, which means they have a bunch of 35k candidates they can choose from. Anyways, I've bookmarked this company and will check them out again in a couple of months to see who they end up picking.

I've got the feeling I dodged the bullet on this one
                      I don't think that a hiring manager would want to have people at 75k and people at 35k in the same office. Maybe a 10k discrepancy is ok but it would make is life increasingly more difficult later on when it is find out. And it usually comes out.
                      There is probably something else wrong with the role...

Comment

Working...
                      X