• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Seeing a very healthy market here too. Less in terms of what's being advertised but direct calls are pretty decent. Survived another 'impending death of contracting', must be my 6th or 7th by now. Hello to everyone that closed their Limiteds on April 5th!

    Comment


      Some people won't want to come off the dole and sacrifice their benefits. Pride does get them free housing, childcare and free prescriptions.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

      Comment


        Boris and Bojo

        Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
        I think this absolutely describes Trump to the letter, it was by Steve Schmidt who ran John Mcains campaign. Brilliantly sums up Trump and scarely our very own Bojo the clown. We to where a country which was flourishing and in ten years we have become a laughing stock of the world. Covid has merely bought this into a sharper focus. Anyway read on...

        "Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

        "When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.
        "It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was.

        A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

        JOhn Schmidt
        Last edited by Shackattack; 23 June 2020, 18:29.

        Comment


          Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Some people won't want to come off the dole and sacrifice their benefits. Pride does get them free housing, childcare and free prescriptions.
          Eh???

          Comment


            Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
            I think this absolutely describes Trump to the letter, it was by Steve Schmidt who ran John Mcains campaign. Brilliantly sums up Trump and scarely our very own Bojo the clown. We to where a country which was flourishing and in ten years we have become a laughing stock of the world. Covid has merely bought this into a sharper focus. Anyway read on...

            "Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

            "When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.
            "It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was.

            A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

            JOhn Schmidt
            Stop watching the BBC

            Comment


              Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
              Let them do that then no need for them to be UK based anymore! But they do not want to relocate as UK is so easy for them right now!! They want all the benefits of being based in the UK but refuse to pay competitive salaries to UK born IT workers...
              are you saying you're ok with IT work being outsourced as long as foreigners aren't staying in the uk?

              how good are you at picking fruit?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Eh???
                People were talking about getting more English people working in England (stopping immigration) earlier. It's more about low paid jobs and PsychoCandy than contractors.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

                Comment


                  Boomed for the 2nd time since lockdown

                  Good luck everyone, the roles are out there. This is much better than the 'year of furlough pay and mortgage holidays' I was readying myself for...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    Boomed for the 2nd time since lockdown

                    Good luck everyone, the roles are out there. This is much better than the 'year of furlough pay and mortgage holidays' I was readying myself for...
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                      are you saying you're ok with IT work being outsourced as long as foreigners aren't staying in the uk?

                      how good are you at picking fruit?
                      I am saying if IT work is going to be outsourced anyway UK based companies should be forced to relocate as they appear to want the dual benefits of staying in the UK paying minimal corporation tax & enjoying a high standard of living whilst employing IT resource on minimal pay which undermines the UK born IT resource!

                      Why should UK based companies be allowed to get the benefits of employing non UK IT resource locally AND all the other benefits of being UK based if they are not going to support the UK economy by hiring British IT workers?!

                      As for fruit picking like so many I would not want to be forced to pay the £100 or so a week the Farmers want for accommodation to pick THEIR produce!

                      The TRUE reason they do not wish to hire British born workers!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X