• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Just because a bank has it's HQ in London doesn't mean to say that's where all it's staff work. HSBC only has 18% of it's staff in the UK, once the passporting goes through expect to see a few thousand to move to the EU.
    Exactly where do you work in Finance?

From the conversations I have there is a lot of show with Brexit being used to excuse pre-existing forthcoming outsourcing and offshoring plans.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was at a networking meeting a few weeks back and a lady from HSBC was talking about HSBC moving UK ops from London to Birmingham as part of "ring fencing" or some such project.

Arena Central

and more news here, despite Brexit

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 13 July 2016, 11:16.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Passporting is odds on to stay in London way too much money from big business wrapped up in it the big boys will get their own way over this. UK has plenty of leverage Germany is already panicking & making polite noise about no need to be rude to UK & Merkel controls the EU so it will stay as it is now.

Comment

Still radio silence

Still radio silence. Rates in my sector dropped from 400 to 200.
          Few recruiters called with question how I see current market right now.
          Many recruiters call with permanent positions, arguing that there are no contracts and I'll not find any.

I managed to arrange interviews with few small companies (personally, no agent), but rates
          are around perm level and they generally recruit permanent employees.

I get quite a lot of calls about contracts in Germany. Strange.

It doesn't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by ezaquarii View Post
            Many recruiters call with permanent positions, arguing that there are no contracts and I'll not find any.

I managed to arrange interviews with few small companies (personally, no agent), but rates

It doesn't look good.
            Lol are you trolling? Another convenient 50% drop..

Industry analysis shows that June was the strongest month in the year. My anecdotal experience within London proves that activity is high, based on number of people talking about the market informally.

Nothing has happened. I voted in to remain if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ezaquarii View Post

It doesn't look good.
              Odd, I just got a 50% increase albeit abroad...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Odd, I just got a 50% increase albeit abroad...
                £50 that he is a very badly disguised recruitment agent from Germany. Any bets?

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
                  £50 that he is a very badly disguised recruitment agent from Germany. Any bets?
                  Well it appears we have a badly disguised HR manager posing as a contractor on here this month so anything is possible.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Well it appears we have a badly disguised HR manager posing as a contractor on here this month so anything is possible.
                    And a longstanding member who used to have a dodgy understanding of copyright
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had a email yesterday for a Service Process Designer wanting £400pd skills and experience for 'upto' £300pd, which means that they'd offer £250-275 if you bothered to contact them.

Mind you it was in Oldham, but it's still £100 short.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X