• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays and HSBC have pledged to keep their HQ in the UK, because they're British companies doing British business, once the passporting goes for a Burton, the rest of their staff will be in their subsiduary office in Frankfurt or Dublin.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Barclays and HSBC have pledged to keep their HQ in the UK, because they're British companies doing British business, once the passporting goes for a Burton, the rest of their staff will be in their subsiduary office in Frankfurt or Dublin.
      Very little business actually requires the passport...

And that's before you look at the need for common law for the legal stuff...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Getting a few more calls and seeing more gigs in my sector - which is bloody typical since I am in a gig until mid Sept.

Rates are still pants though.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Rates are rubbish, specs are a bit out there (requiring abililty to walk on water), agents still asking daft questions(not necessarily their fault) and clients not sure what they really want or need.

Nothing new really?

Am getting a few more calls at the moment so the market seems to be picking up.Not had to deal with side of contracting for some time due to a long term gig and then picking up my next one really easily this year but heck it's doing my nut in already.
          Last edited by SuperZ; 12 July 2016, 10:52.

Comment

HSBC = Hong Kong and Shanghi Banking Corporation???

The origins of the bank lie mainly in Hong Kong and to a lesser extent in Shanghai, where branches were first opened in 1865. The HSBC name is derived from the initials of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Hmmm very well I suppose it was a colony at the time????

Comment

Originally posted by kingmob View Post

The origins of the bank lie mainly in Hong Kong and to a lesser extent in Shanghai, where branches were first opened in 1865. The HSBC name is derived from the initials of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Just because a bank has it's HQ in London doesn't mean to say that's where all it's staff work. HSBC only has 18% of it's staff in the UK, once the passporting goes through expect to see a few thousand to move to the EU.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by kingmob View Post

But founded by a Scotsman
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just because a bank has it's HQ in London doesn't mean to say that's where all it's staff work. HSBC only has 18% of it's staff in the UK, once the passporting goes through expect to see a few thousand to move to the EU.
                  Take the apostrophe key off this man.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Anyone remember Midlands bank? HSBC in the UK was the Midland bank !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                      Anyone remember Midlands bank? HSBC in the UK was the Midland bank !!

Midland used to own Clydesdale Bank in Scotland and Northern Bank (in Ireland).
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X