• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Congrats but be careful with your words, there are some xenophobe trolls around here.
    Stupidity has no borders.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Eh? I voted for Brexit, and that couldn't be further from the truth from my POV. The Gov't needs to stop messing around with this nonsense on reciprocity and state clearly that the status of all existing EU citizens within the UK is protected.
      That would make sense. Although I can understand why someone might want a bargaining chip to encourage reciprocity.

Comment

Originally posted by sog View Post
        I meant that I'm from the continent, here in London with a broken English, in the middle of Brexit arguments (whereby half of the voters hate me), and I thought the contract market would be hard for me to get into, but apparently I have a chance.
        In your opinion.

Just because your opinion is that narrow-minded, why are you expecting all Brexiters to think the same? The bleeding-heart liberal bad-losers of the Remain camp have clearly done a good job of telling Europeans that the Brexiters are all ignorant racists. The vote for many was never about immigration and a "Johnny Foreigner Out!" vote - it was about different things to different people and the failure of Project Fear.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

State of the Market

sog, half the voters don't hate you. People like LondonManc like to blame others for everything (And does so with very childish name calling, since he can't construct a measured and thought out argument on his own).
          Everyone who voted (No matter what way) is in a state of limbo, waiting for Brexit to happen, but since all the Brexit parliamentary leaders have quit and they never put forward any plans on how to fix the alleged problem, then all of us in the UK, no matter what way we voted, have got a rudderless ship.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            sog, half the voters don't hate you. People like LondonManc like to blame others for everything (And does so with very childish name calling, since he can't construct a measured and thought out argument on his own).
            Everyone who voted (No matter what way) is in a state of limbo, waiting for Brexit to happen, but since all the Brexit parliamentary leaders have quit and they never put forward any plans on how to fix the alleged problem, then all of us in the UK, no matter what way we voted, have got a rudderless ship.
            Where the hell did that come from?

Remainers are labelling Brexiters as ignorant racists. Fact.

You've disappeared up your own arse since you became a mod. Very sad to see.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              And some Brexiters on here like to turn threads into a "Remain are left wing liberals who are bad losers".
              The vote is in the past. The public made a decision. Life needs to move on, if you'll let it.
              A poster (who is not a UK citizen) made a comment, which could have been replied to in a sensible and mature way, showing concern for their wellbeing and reassuring them that we aren't as bad as certain media sources try to portray us.

You felt the need to make your comments without any provocation, but when someone calls you on them you go off on one.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                And some Brexiters on here like to turn threads into a "Remain are left wing liberals who are bad losers".
                The vote is in the past. The public made a decision. Life needs to move on, if you'll let it.
                A poster (who is not a UK citizen) made a comment, which could have been replied to in a sensible and mature way, showing concern for their wellbeing and reassuring them that we aren't as bad as certain media sources try to portray us.

You felt the need to make your comments without any provocation, but when someone calls you on them you go off on one.
                I don't see your point. I didn't vote Leave!

You carry on patronising though, you seem very good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by sog View Post
                  I meant that I'm from the continent, here in London with a broken English, in the middle of Brexit arguments (whereby half of the voters hate me), and I thought the contract market would be hard for me to get into, but apparently I have a chance.
                  How to reply politely and professionally:

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Eh? I voted for Brexit, and that couldn't be further from the truth from my POV. The Gov't needs to stop messing around with this nonsense on reciprocity and state clearly that the status of all existing EU citizens within the UK is protected.
                  How not to:

In your opinion.

Just because your opinion is that narrow-minded, why are you expecting all Brexiters to think the same? The bleeding-heart liberal bad-losers of the Remain camp have clearly done a good job of telling Europeans that the Brexiters are all ignorant racists. The vote for many was never about immigration and a "Johnny Foreigner Out!" vote - it was about different things to different people and the failure of Project Fear.
                  Where the hell did that come from?

You've disappeared up your own arse since you became a mod. Very sad to see.
                  You like to repeat claims of what you think ALL of one group think of ALL of another group. That is untrue. Some of one group may think one thing about some of the other group. Murdoch sells his stories based on convincing people that it is ALL.

Sweeping statement directed at everyone:
                  Please be aware that this thread is NOT in General, so everyone is supposed to act professionally here and not resort to childish name calling or trying to turn every subject into an argument about the referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by kolata
                    Which is the sad fact for 90% of brexiters.
                    Incorrect. And why are you saying this in a professional forum? This thread is meant to be about the state of the market.

If you want to throw random accusations about then start a thread in General.

Comment

HSBC and Barclays have declared that they are staying in the UK; with the corp tax cut and talent pool, we're looking a more attractive long term prospect for banks. I expect we'll see some short term pain (dare I suggest it could lead to a go perm, skill up opportunity?!) but once the full corp tax cuts kick in, things will be looking rosier and we'll feel like we're getting year-on-year pay rises.

British firms in general being bullish and trying to rally industry, Gideon pushing our case in the global market. It may sound bizarre but I wish CallMeDave had not resigned; he's the only credible leader that the Tories have at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X