• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in summary the agent either selected the wrong option, is out of date with their Visa information or is attempting a dubious workaround to game the Visa system and advertising the fact to several thousand people.

Either way most recent Indian IT graduates have probably applied.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      So in summary the agent either selected the wrong option, is out of date with their Visa information or is attempting a dubious workaround to game the Visa system and advertising the fact to several thousand people.

Either way most recent Indian IT graduates have probably applied.
      Agents haven't a clue about the visa rules, we had one contractor on last but one role, on a T2 - had to get rid.....

Comment

Had an interview yesterday. Didn't get it because I was too confident. Absolute load of nonsense.

Comment

Had an interview yesterday. Didn't get it because I was too confident. Absolute load of nonsense.
          That's the polite response I use when the contractor interviewed was utter crap. HTH.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That's the polite response I use when the contractor interviewed was utter crap. HTH.
            Don't feel you need to sugar the pill for me! I thought I was a good match (certainly got through the initial phone interview) and didn't feel out of my depth in the interview.

Onwards and upwards though. Oddly the run up to Christmas has been quite busy with a couple of possibilities forming for the new year.

Comment

Onwards and upwards though. Oddly the run up to Christmas has been quite busy with a couple of possibilities forming for the new year.
              Bananas at the ready then. Good luck.

Comment

Bananas at the ready then. Good luck.
                Thanks. I think I could be a contractor for a hundred years and never get my head round how you can sit at home for months twiddling your thumbs then the phones magically starts ringing one day having not changed your approach one bit.

Comment

Thanks. I think I could be a contractor for a hundred years and never get my head round how you can sit at home for months twiddling your thumbs then the phones magically starts ringing one day having not changed your approach one bit.
                  Phone is magically ringing, all for the same damn role About 100 calls ( no exaggeration ) over last three months. SC went inactive, so it's a no-goer anyway but know for a fact they'll probably not fill the role, if they do it'll be with someone looking at money and not business factors from April onwards.

Comment

Erm.. You are kidding right? I don't know what to say to this. Maybe just 'clients requirements'???

Comment

Erm.. You are kidding right? I don't know what to say to this. Maybe just 'clients requirements'???
                      I am perfectly aware of that. What seems to happen is a lot of entirely unrelated client requirements for a contractor happen at once.

Comment

Working...
                      X