• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I fully agree with this. On my current gig i have to fix the code offshorers did. but becuse they weren't onsite , they didn't understand the business fully etc etc.
    I have to fix the code of the onshore on site consultants who know better than what the customer wants.

It wouldn't be so bad if what they wrote was just poor rather than overly complex and totally and utterly unfit for purpose
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I have to fix the code of the onshore on site consultants who know better than what the customer wants.

It wouldn't be so bad if what they wrote was just poor rather than overly complex and totally and utterly unfit for purpose
      You're missing the point. It generates a requirement for more consultancy days.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        You're missing the point. It generates a requirement for more consultancy days.
        I know exactly what the point is. But they've spent all the budget and I only have enough money for myself and the permie I've been lumbered with
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Finally got a decent long term role yesterday in an IB.

Good luck all the contract market in London Financial Services definately picked up from Wednesday this week onwards keep your mobiles handy & lay off those alcopops so your coherent & able to at least speak a word or 2 to the tulip!! Brexit is a strong opportunity to find some work with an immediate start lot of volatility in the markets right now!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
            Finally got a decent long term role yesterday in an IB.

Good luck all the contract market in London Financial Services definately picked up from Wednesday this week onwards keep your mobiles handy & lay off those alcopops so your coherent & able to at least speak a word or 2 to the tulip!! Brexit is a strong opportunity to find some work with an immediate start lot of volatility in the markets right now!
            Fortune favours the brave! I got a contract in Zurich but WFH 5 days a week in UK... and paid in euros, my day rate just jumped about 30 pounds a day

Comment

Originally posted by cablarnshowntone View Post
              Fortune favours the brave! I got a contract in Zurich but WFH 5 days a week in UK... and paid in euros, my day rate just jumped about 30 pounds a day
              Hope it's 1000 CFH per day at least, three days in CH have cleaned me out!

Comment

Early days but starting to get some traction in applying, getting responses back from agents now rather than radio silence.

Every day in current gig is a bonus, but don't see the role lasting to the projected end date in August
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Hope it's 1000 CFH per day at least, three days in CH have cleaned me out!
                  All expenses paid whenever I visit Zurich

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    Brexit is a strong opportunity to find some work with an immediate start lot of volatility in the markets right now!
                    That may be the case in the coming months. Right now on a Monday morning it feels to me like someone fired almost all of the contract recruitment consultants in the country apart from, the government ones trying to recruit director level roles for £350pd in central london.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                      That may be the case in the coming months. Right now on a Monday morning it feels to me like someone fired almost all of the contract recruitment consultants in the country apart from, the government ones trying to recruit director level roles for £350pd in central london.
                      I have just started a 2 week contract with an old client, but this morning I find out that their parent company filed for administration last week, and the embedded market has looked dire for a a couple of months now so might be worth reading:

Overseas Guides - IT Contracting in Australia, USA, South Africa and Europe :: Contractor UK

Comment

Working...
                      X