• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie - Skimming allegations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So today orange genie we’re suspended by the FSCA for 6 months and paid an unspecified fine to an unspecified party.

which tells you all you need to know.

Shop very carefully if you need to use an umbrella because FSCA membership by itself means absolutely nothing.

FCSA are happy for members to pull tricks to pocket money and steal holiday pay.
    eek, I think this is not really a fair representation of the full facts - which can be found here https://fcsa.org.uk/orange-genie-are...november-2022/ where you will see that that IAP did not uphold FCSA's original decision but instead decided on another course of action.

The restoration of Orange Genie's membership is not automatic.

BTW You haven't responded to my recent emails, which I'd really appreciate.

Chief Executive, FCSA
    - Former CEO OF IPSE
    - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
    - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bryce View Post

eek, I think this is not really a fair representation of the full facts - which can be found here https://fcsa.org.uk/orange-genie-are...november-2022/ where you will see that that IAP did not uphold FCSA's original decision but instead decided on another course of action.

The restoration of Orange Genie's membership is not automatic.

BTW You haven't responded to my recent emails, which I'd really appreciate.
      Whilst the restoration of Orange Genie's membership is not automatic - what about repayment of the "deducted" funds? any expectation that these are to be returned before allowing consideration of their membership?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

Whilst the restoration of Orange Genie's membership is not automatic - what about repayment of the "deducted" funds? any expectation that these are to be returned before allowing consideration of their membership?
        It is far too early to say whether any redress may actually be due to contractors by Orange Genie, and that may take several weeks or even months to ascertain. If any payments to contractors are found to be due those will, of course, be Orange Genie’s sole responsibility.
        Chief Executive, FCSA
        - Former CEO OF IPSE
        - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
        - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Blimey. Breached code, failed to timely remedy the breach, sanctioned then failed to comply with the sanction in a timely manner but IAF said terminating was disproportionate? I'd hate to think what you have to do to actually get terminated.

Options 1 to 3 are about FCSA's policies not the actual actions of OG. What's to say they wouldn't have carried on breaching and not taking action? I think OG should think themselves very lucky as that reads the IAF have gone very easy on them.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 16 November 2022, 21:54.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who are they telling you to switch to - as I bet that list includes names you may need to switch from again in the next few weeks.

literally the only FSCA umbrella that I know would pass a forensic audit is Clarity because we audited them in real-time for a year and a half
            Awww thank you

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Blimey. Breached code, failed to timely remedy the breach, sanctioned then failed to comply with the sanction in a timely manner but IAF said terminating was disproportionate? I'd hate to think what you have to do to actually get terminated.

Options 1 to 3 are about FCSA's policies not the actual actions of OG. What's to say they wouldn't have carried on breaching and not taking action? I think OG should think themselves very lucky as that reads the IAF have gone very easy on them.
              Yep, but this thread will remain in glorious black and white and contractors finding it will be able to make their own decisions, won't they?

(Barge poles spring to mind here...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                They seem not to be able to afford a lawyer, since the letter was written by themselves.
                May not be relevant but I have used a lawyer, but sent the letter as though by myself to try and diffuse the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post

May not be relevant but I have used a lawyer, but sent the letter as though by myself to try and diffuse the situation.
                  I will point out that once Contractor Voice has got enough evidence to confirm their story they don't back down.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I will point out that once Contractor Voice has got enough evidence to confirm their story they don't back down.
                    Nor should they since OG are clearly in the wrong.

Comment

For anyone following this, the Orange Genie CEO was recently interviewed by IWORK regarding the recent goings on at the company. Link below.

Please do take into account this same guy has been working for both Orange Genie and Growth Pro (the benefits provider to Orange Genie) for several years. Nothing underhand, though, right?

"Because the umbrella industry is not regulated there is no standard or requirement for what constitutes “employment costs”
                      https://iwork.co.uk/news/orange-geni...vely-to-iwork/

Comment

Working...
                      X